NEW YORK | 570 Washington Street | 400 FT | 36 FLOORS

This is a very interesting project.

1 Like

Saw some movement on the site yesterday.

11 Likes

It looks like this is happening:

20 Likes

Nice catch/updates from both you and @AntonioL, I must’ve skipped over this thread in trying to update myself since I’m not on much anymore.

The fence renders look much better than what was first proposed. Looks like the building massing has overall remained the same but has definitely been refined, looking forward to this.

4 Likes

I’m glad people like it but this building looks like a giant termite mound to me. A very very very expensive termite mound.

1 Like

Lol - i can see where you’re coming from. But I love the texture to it.

10 Likes

I’m just happy that it’s not another glass box.

3 Likes

Though I always wait for buildings to be finished before passing judgement on the aesthetics, I like the renders. I think the view from the water side will be eye catching. Not only is it (thankfully) not a box, the various shapes give the facade an eye appeal much like a modern painting or sculpture. I’m thinking of some Sol Lewit pieces especially with varying cubes and indentations. Something like this:

8 Likes
9 Likes

It looks like it was designed by Robert AM Stermite.

3 Likes

Interesting that much of the west side from lower Manhattan to maybe 14th street is uniform height (low-mid rise), but this is a notably tall exception. I wonder if there’s something unique to this lot, or some exception for this project that allows for it’s height which no other development nearby could achieve.

JB— Maybe air rights from a nearby historic building? I don’t know but also am curious.

3 Likes

Entirely possible. I think I remember something about air rights from the pier across the way. But how come no one at all along that stretch of the west side was ever able to assemble air right to build taller than zoning allows?

1 Like

18 Likes

Photo by Michael Young

15 Likes

Sorry for the low quality

17 Likes