NEW YORK | 570 Fifth Avenue | ? FT | ? FLOORS

So I have been trying to figure this one out. I highlight what I think this assemblage is. And if true this should be pretty tall, especially knowing the developer tendencies.

1 Like

It’s the block just south of that. It does not include the gorgeous old building on the SW corner of 47th and Fifth.

then this minus the one building they do not own (but may try to get).

They’re not getting the corner building. They also don’t own the Barrington Gallery building yet, but I’m sure they’ll get it.

hmm, I am sure they will make it work. This is just a block away from where we ate friday night. The Cock and Bull English Pub on 45th in the tall square building in the center of the block. There are quite a few nice little restaurants on that section of 45th.

They’ve started interior demo.

June 24th

3 Likes

Today.

Anyone know what this project is? 1 block south of 562-570. Address should be 550 5th ave?

3 Likes

At the 562 Fifth assemblsge, Gary still needs to get the mid block holdout that houses Barrington Gallery.

On the block south of there, they reskinned an old building and are adding a few floors. The little building next to it and more urgently, That horrible Phillipines building next to that must go!

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!

3 Likes

what is the total build-able assemblage here?

It seems to be over 300k SF.

Extell Receives Demo Permits For Mysterious Diamond District Project

The developer has now received demolition permits for 10 buildings on one Midtown block

BY ZOE ROSENBERG @ZOE_ROSENBERG JUL 19, 2016, 5:30P

Developer of supertall towers Extell has been granted another demolition permit for a site on the Midtown Manhattan block bounded by West 46th and 47th streets and Fifth and Sixth avenues. While the developer has yet to announce their intention on the block, it seems they have something up their sleeve; the company has also filed demolition permits for adjacent buildings 2 West 47th Street, 3-13 West 46th Street, and 562 and 564 Fifth Avenue. Taken all together, that nearly encompasses a full end of the block.

Together, the buildings encompass more than 300,000 square feet. That doesn’t take into account the several thousand square feet of development rights that are transferrable at the sites.

DNAinfo reports that, while the big-time developer continues to snatch up serious chunks of real estate on the Diamond District’s small one-block stretch along 47th Street, remaining jewelry retailers have begun to feel the crush of their presence through rising rents. “It has been a major dislocation for the people in those buildings, and because of that the rents have gone up,” a source told DNAinfo. “It’s the same amount of jewelers competing for less space, so of course it’s just supply and demand. Everyone is saying they need space but can’t find it.”

Extell has formerly declined to comment on their activity on the block, and a representative for the development has also declined to comment.

2 Likes

https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2016/07/20-1n-diamond.jpg?quality=80&strip=all&strip=all

2 Likes

For all that’s being demo’d, this better be 1200 ft or more.

Being right by 5th, this would be an impeccable location for a massive office tower.

If there’s a huge retail space, I doubt that it will exceed 750’. I just hope that Gary delivers a good design. I’d like to see something like 30 Park Pl.

United Overseas Bank’s horrible tower on the next block Is getting a new facade. It needs it desperately.

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/JobsQueryByNumberServlet?requestid=2&passjobnumber=122736922&passdocnumber=01

Aug 23rd

I couldn’t tell if they’re disassembling the sidewalk shed or taking further steps toward demolition.

3 Likes

Aug 28th

2 Likes

Sep 5th

5 Likes

Sep 9th

5 Likes