NEW YORK | 520 5th Ave | 1,000 FT | 76 FLOORS

IDK I just spotted it. I hope so. :wink:

2 Likes

Okay Chris. ^^
And I hope it is too. It’s very nice.

That’s not the design. They also made a beautiful proposal for 281 5th, which was rejected for Vinoly’s lame tower.

I hope that this project is delayed and that a Stern design rises here instead of the Handel, which is currently planned.

2 Likes

Oh, what a pity.

1 Like

I hope that the developer does not intend to have this horrible flea market up for long.

2 Likes

Wtf is that shit!? They need to develop this lot soon. It has been way too long.

1 Like

It’s just like when you zone for lots of high density commercial without demand in Simcity 4 and all the lots fill with… flea markets!!

1 Like

Barnett did the same thing with his huge lot on 46th and 8th. It’s a huge flea market.

1 Like

Do we know of any others? Need one more to count as a trend!

1 Like

The site of the CIT Tower on 42nd and Fifth had a flea market on site for years.

1 Like

Yikes!! I had expectations that they would buil the retail base first, then follow up with the tower portion.

today

2 Likes

Let’s hope it closes after Christmas!

1 Like

I feel something big might come here, but not anytime soon, probably 2-4 years.

1 Like

It’s supposed to be 920’. I think it will start in 2017.

we bought some souvenirs here when we were in town. Whole time we were there I kept thinking “There has to be a better use of this prime real estate than this”

So much for a late spring groundbreaking… :confused:

It may start in the spring of 2017. It won’t sit fallow for long.

Trump’s administration will precipitate a boom in NY real estate, as Wall St will soar.

1 Like

I hope so. Might be good enough to continue the cycle like in 2015, where we had like 55,000 units + and 44 billion in construction rising. I believe 2016 set the record, at 46 billion or so. Maybe we will reach 50 billion in construction spending. Either way, great times ahead.

To get a small sample of the total boom, just look at LIC, and thats just one boom spot. I want the residential sector to be a little higher. Possibly office. Hotel is doing just fine, although one Tokyo developers project in LIC accounts for something like a quarter of units in the pipeline. (Hotel that is).

I think that it will.

We’ve had a very tepid recovery that likely will take off.