I thought it would be taller - :slightly_frowning_face:

So much progress already

22 Likes

March 4th

Afraz

19 Likes
9 Likes

19 Likes

Considering how small this site is, I suspect that this will rise very quickly.

3 Likes

Lol, if you had just taken that photo when posting it, we missed eachother by a few mins :sweat_smile:

20 Likes

I think I walked by that area around 2pm? So probably pretty close!

3 Likes

10 Likes

I look at the renderings posted above and I like the Architectural design. The simple tried-and-true rating of good/better/best comes to mind: this is one of the BEST.

KPF did a great job on this; much better than all the previous iterations we have seen thus far.

3 Likes

I don’t want to hype anyone up, but I’ve seen physical samples of the building materials, and renders of the base/various lobbies and storefronts. This tower will be absolutely amazing. And that doesnt even begin to describe how nicely all the materials and geometries come together at the base.

I cant wait for everyone to see this tower as Ive seen it.

17 Likes

This tower looks like it will be spectacular.

3 Likes

This building’s design and materials sounds worthy of its address.

5 Likes

New rebar

23 Likes

Update to yesterday’s post, went on a site visit for work and passed this on the way back, and a lot more work had been done! Lots of new column rebar cages, lots of concrete pouring, and the 2nd floor plate is now visible. Didn’t get any photos because it was raining at the time, but will stop by the site on Sunday to take photos with my cam.

17 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqNy4ulN4Ud/

10 Likes

From today’s walk, sorry I’m posting them so late!

I do a Q&A every Sunday on IG and invite anyone who has questions related to anything (Architecture, Construction, NYC, literally anything, me even) to feel free to ask them :+1:. I’m trying to better spread my repository of knowledge (opinionated questions are also welcomed) and can’t really do it here when I normally am just answering the same things over and over again. :man_shrugging: I’ve had several people ask questions, whether from here (Yimby) or outside of the forum.

28 Likes

The arches that will line 43rd and 5th and slowly starting to become visible, can’t wait for everyone to see them! Ill most likely go around again Sunday and take photos with my cam. :+1:

19 Likes

How I’d love to be a visitor on a construction site like that.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqYa1plrh0c/

12 Likes