NEW YORK | 520 5th Ave | 1,000 FT | 76 FLOORS

Wow. This is going to be amazing!

3 Likes

Should rise very soon.

17 Likes

I wonder if the platform/base structure in your second capture is the base for the crane, it’s location makes sense.

3 Likes

Makes sense- they were welding a lot of steel there today. The rest of the site seems at ground level now so maybe next week we will see the crane and first floor go up.

8 Likes

Earlier today

22 Likes

Not sure if this render was shown already, but here’s a colorized photo. Can’t wait to see this pop out.

12 Likes

The b/w version has been posted several times but I can’t tell if that is an actual original colored render or one that was digitally colorized, because the render is mirrored. KPF certainly wouldn’t release material like that.

Either way, based off of the façade mock ups, this one will be beautiful.

2 Likes

I’ll be visiting NY after Pesach. Will this be out of the ground by then?

It should definitely be a few floors tall come mid April :+1:

2 Likes

Sorry for my little repost

I have the color rendering of KPF unmirrored and the corresponding facade models in different times of the day.

19 Likes

15 Likes

One thing I noticed with the colour rendering is that the perspective is corrected to match the photo, while the greyscale rendering is from a higher viewpoint than in the photo. Along with some other minor differences in the design of the crown and some window frames, this makes me think that the two are different iterations of an official rendering.

9 Likes

Detective Three at work! :man_detective:

2 Likes

The highest resolution image of this gorgeous tower,

I honestly really like the softness of the color palette being used for the materials, they all work very well with each other.

Per some of the mock test facades, it looks like there “may” be down lighting at each setback.

20 Likes

This is going to be another icon.

I much order this to what Extell has shown thus far for 570 Fifth or compared to what BP plans at 341 Madison.

1 Like

The other 2 towers may not be as “exciting” or expressive in their massing to some, but that doesn’t mean they won’t/wouldn’t make up for it in their façade design. KPF has never designed or put out a dull building since their inception.

1 Like

The other two will be nice, but this one will be the nicest . I think that KPF is designing all three.

Yes they are, that’s why I referenced them. :+1:

2 Likes

Per:520 Fifth Avenue - Wikipedia

15 Likes

This will be magnificent. New York just keeps building and building and building!

4 Likes