NEW YORK | The Set (451 Tenth Ave) | 587 FT | 45 FLOORS

The concept of this apartment building is interesting (not that the idea is new to me) but I haven’t seen this very often in NY where the apartment is almost like a hotel and has furnishings already and room service. I’ve seen this more often done in condo’s and higher end apartments.

I’m wondering what’s going on with it’s commercial tower counterpart, I haven’t seen any new news from Related or anything. Probably waiting for a tenant like everyone else.

This is a beautiful tower.

7 Likes

Delete

I assume you thought it was a different building than the other building part of this development? Lol

Taking into consideration that the article says that the building will be larger than what the permit is describing (25 floors, 750,000sqft, 450’ tall) at 1.3 million square feet, I believe that the render JC posted is still a fairly accurate depiction of what will be built, size and height wise.

2 Likes

Well I looked and it seemed this thread was for a building already UC, whereas what I posted was for a proposed.

I didn’t know the status of any of the sites, so I just assumed it was the wrong site.

1 Like

This thread is for both Related Co projects, it’s a 2 phase development. :+1:

2 Likes

11 Likes

the name for this tower is “the Set” There is supposed to be a phase 2 which will be an office tower.

1 Like

I dont know if the whole thread name should be changed though, since The Set is only refering to the apartments on the upper portion of the tower. There is also senior living, Coterie, in the podium/lower half of the tower.

1 Like

Phase Two

Does anyone know why there’s a prohibition against placing the street address in the title of the thread? I would think that would be preferable to some nonsense marketing material like “The Set”, but that’s just me.

4 Likes

I didn’t know there was anything against having the street addresses be the title, I actually also prefer it, I think it works better for buildings like this one that have multiple functions inside of them that don’t refer to the entire building.

I think it’s fine if the building actually has an adopted name/nickname or one single entity is in the building, like for The Spiral or The Eugene, but not when there’s multiple things going on inside.

2 Likes

With the address in the title, I find it much clearer than just the name. And yes Phase Two has its own topic.

5 Likes

well its up to you guys as the moderator team. Personally I feel it less confusing if there’s an associated name to use that over a street address where in Manhattan there can often be an address listed at either a street or the avenue.

For example, this lot can be both 511 west 35th street and 451 Tenth Avenue.

I like both the address and the name in the title.

3 Likes

The only thing with this one is that “The Set” isn’t referring to the name of the whole building, just the apartments in a portion of the building.

1 Like

The design of the top section makes the vertical terracotta bands work better. It may be the angle, but I like how they get thinner.

I like to see the address as well. Had I seen it was Hudson Yards I wouldn’t have clicked on it.

Well what we’ve done before was have the address in parentheses. So “The Set (451 Tenth Ave)”. That worked well.

1 Like

I changed to that. Hope everyone is ok with it now?

5 Likes