NEW YORK | 50 Hudson Yards (504-522 W 34th) | 1,011 FT | 58 FLOORS

While I was disappointed when the actual crown was replaced with the continuous parapet I am glad that the lighting has turned out to be the same as the renders and that it is indeed being lit up.

2 Likes

Glad to know the crown lights up and it wasn’t horribly botched.

It’s also quite bright in actual nighttime.

Now we wait for 35 Hudson Yards and 15 Hudson Yards to light up… if they even will

3 Likes

That’s not a real render, it’s an edit of an older render that had one of the previous iterations for 35 Hudson Yards. Those 2 towers never had lighting schemes for their crowns/parapets.

3 Likes

That’s quite a disappointment.

15 and 35 never were going to have extravagant crown lights. Those are lucrative penthouses. Pretty sure the one at 35 is owned by Stephen Ross himself.

2 Likes

amonelam

17 Likes
4 Likes

12 Likes

People want to say this one is plain and boring because of it’s shape, etc, whatever, but the cladding is very high quality. It’s super nice to see this one finally getting cleaned, it looks so nice.

Also, thanks for all your updates in the area @JC_Heights!

7 Likes

Credit: GaryHershorn

13 Likes

Beautiful picture. Will Penn15 obliterate this view of the ESB?

I believe it will block most of the Empire State, but some of it should still be visible, mostly anything on the left side of it as PENN 15 should come into view on the right side of it from that vantage point. Since it’s only 1200’ tall, the antenna and top of the mooring mast should still be visible if it does end up blocking everything below that.

1 Like
4 Likes

Below are some shots of the very impressive lobby fronting Hudson Boulevard:

15 Likes

Does anyone have any renderings of the lighting on this one in night?

I don’t think any exist that I have seen, but we’ve already seen the lighting tests on the building via the Hudson Yards earthcam.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Credit: GaryHershorn

11 Likes

8 Likes

crown lights on tonight if any of our local photographers get the chance

@JC_Heights maybe

9 Likes