NEW YORK | 50 Hudson Yards (504-522 W 34th) | 1,011 FT | 58 FLOORS

Facebook in talks for major Hudson Yards office

Facebook is negotiating to take 1 million square feet or more in Hudson Yards in a deal that would firmly establish the city’s fast-growing technology sector in the emerging West Side neighborhood.

The $540 billion company is in talks to take the space at 50 Hudson Yards, a nearly $4 billion, 1,000-foot-tall office spire being developed by a partnership between The Related Cos. and Oxford Properties Group.

The deal with the social media giant is so close, several sources said, that Related decided in the past day to push aside another large leasing transaction it had been considering at the tower with major law firm Debevoise & Plimpton.

Facebook spokesman, Anthony Harrison, declined to confirm the deal in the making, stating that “we constantly reevaluate our facilities needs, and we don’t have anything new to share about our plans in New York at this time."

Debevoise had been arranging to take about 450,000 square feet at the 3 million-square-foot property on floors that Facebook is now close to leasing.
Suddenly cast back into the leasing market, Debevoise is considering space at a neighboring office building being raised by developer Tishman Speyer.
Debevoise is also looking at space at 2 Manhattan West—another Hudson Yards tower being built—as well as 3 World Trade Center in Lower Manhattan and 4 Times Square in Midtown, a source said.

11 Likes

If Debevoise is looking at 50 they want large floor plates. I’m surprised they didn’t ditch related for tishmans spiral the minute after being put on the back burner. 450k is a huge lease!

4 Likes

Is it too much to hope the Silverstein is calling them up right now? 450k would definitely be enough to anchor 2 WTC, especially if he was already seriously building on spec.

If 2 WTC was greenlight tomorrow it could go up pretty fast seeing that most of the site prep work is already done.

10 Likes

Larry or one of his top people definitely called them. Debevoise has been talking to related since at least February about a lease at 50 so this has to feel like a slap in the face. News reports portrayed their move to HY like a done deal.

Technically there should be enough room for both FB and them which puzzles me.
2.9M total minus 0.85M BlackRock minus 1M FB minus 0.45M Debevoise= ~500-600k sf to spare right? (if both FB and Debevoise lease the space they wanted on separate floors that would total 2.3M) Have there been any other leases? I did a very quick search didn’t find any…

Are they being that picky about which floors they want?

3 Likes

Today

11 Likes

17 Likes

Would it have killed the man who is famous for his diagrids to give us this?01-PM

8 Likes

Not only is this tower’s design lame, but the location is terrible. There’s a cornucopia of shlock (ie, Street cart vendors, etc) between the tower and the station.

1 Like

Wish they could do something different with the building

12 Likes

Climbed up some more.

12 Likes

That beam has iron workers local 40 on it. I guess they struck a deal with Related recently?

1 Like

^ I think they did awhile back.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz5j3d1lDY2/?hl=en

18 Likes

This is going fast!

2 Likes

Tectonic

20 Likes

aerial view

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Q8RaoIvyP/?hl=en

15 Likes

From a week ago