NEW YORK | 450 11th Avenue | 642 FT | 51 FLOORS

Ultra-Contemporary Redesign Revealed For 450 Eleventh Avenue In Hudson Yards

A new rendering has been released for 450 Eleventh Avenue, a 487-foot-tall hotel tower by Marx Development Groups in Hudson Yards. The redesign appears to be a much taller and features a more lively architectural scheme than the previous rendering from last month. Designed by DSM Design Group, the structure will contain a 531-room hotel from Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide.

Excavation is still underway, with several excavators positioned on different elevations. The foundation walls on the southern and western end of the perimeter line are currently being formed and framed with scaffolding for the eventual concrete pours.

The new scheme, consisting of a wavy stack of boxes, also looks much slimmer than the previous iteration. The edges of each floor plate above the podium seem to be visually sculpted and chiseled in a vertical pattern of indented edges. The building also appears to be wrapped in a reflective glass envelope on all sides. It will be interesting to see the play of light as the sun reflects off the differently angled glass panels throughout the day. A cantilevering portion of the structure is depicted in the rendering to be several floors above street level on one of the corners with a landscaped outdoor terrace. This could potentially become the location of a bar or a restaurant.

There is currently no exact timeline for the completion of foundations or for when the structure will begin to rise above street level. The frame is most likely going to be reinforced concrete.

A completion date for 450 Eleventh Avenue is posted on the construction fence for fall 2022.

=============
NYY

14 Likes

Wow! So it has been confirmed that this is the rendering? This looks great!!

6 Likes

Magnificent! The best building in Hudson Yards so far.

6 Likes

I really hope this happens!

2 Likes

I think this might be the design. I like it. It fits in with the futuristic and experimental side that is known as Hudson Yards.

Hudson Yards is the physical construct metaphor of Henry Hudson. Both are sailing into new territory, and discovering new ways to bring prosperity to the region. Hudson Yards is in my view a playground, and exploration into what possibly might be the direction of NYC’s 21st Century architecture. Not just HY, but even the high-line. Its a playground that breeds innovation and creativity.

When all set and done, this neighborhood and its proxies will have one of the most diverse architectural portfolios in the world. Worthy of field trips for future, aspiring architects and engineers.

8 Likes

Foundation is just about complete with some rebar above ground. The foundation is deep (3-4 floors below ground) but it should start rising soon I think.

10 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6MHF5Yn-VS/?igshid=j8n2hqbx3yqm

9 Likes

Today. Looks like they are almost out of that very deep foundation.

12 Likes

With all projets around Hudson Yard,it change dramatically the face of this sector of Manhattan. And we don’t see the renders for the second phase of Hudson Yard.I just hope to don’t cut 20 stories …

1 Like

It doesn’t appear that the really cool rendering posted by Yimby will be built. This must be the design. This does appear to have somewhat of a wavy look though.

5 Likes

Well, there go my hopes! there go my dreams! Day ruined.

3 Likes

Booooo.

2 Likes

Most exciting projects in NYC morphs back to the simple box over time. Blame the high cost of building in this city.

3 Likes

This cost factor is becoming increasingly obvious; what else could account for the general banality of Architectural Design here in Manhattan; one of the most high priced real estate markets on earth. I think iconic designs like 111 W57 among other are now serving as object lessions, or case studies, on how it actually does not pay to build something daring, original and artful. My rough accounting on 111 W57 is something like 9 years from concept to completion, and one billion in construction costs: this building may have been a cautionary tale taught to the developers here at 450 11th Ave. - VE or DIE.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9XV6HwnQQA/?igshid=1cxghyxey21tj

8 Likes

14 Likes

13 Likes

12 Likes
4 Likes

This does not appear to be the design as per what’s posted at the site.

1 Like