NEW YORK | 418 11th Avenue | ? FT | ? FLOORS

This looks really good as well! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

It’s still 1,663’.

5 Likes

I hope it comes in 10 feet taller to break Taipei 101.

1 Like

It was probably a typo

1 Like

I hope so, but the article shared yesterday said 1633.

It was clearly incorrect. Everything says 1,663.

1 Like

Would be good if it’s 1700ft :sunglasses:

2 Likes

To the extent that Sharpton and others are playing the race card, this tower’s chances of being built are rising dramatically.

Civil Rights Museum to Move to Don Peebles’ Affirmation Tower (therealdeal.com)

Civil rights museum heading to Peebles’ West Side tower — if it’s ever built

Museum linked to Al Sharpton had been slated for Bruce Teitelbaum’s controversial Harlem project

New York /

March 24, 2022 07:00 AM

By Kathryn Brenzel
lustration by Steven Dilakian for The Real Deal)

The city’s first civil rights museum is moving from one uncertain project to another.

The Museum of Civil Rights has agreed to take at least 50,000 square feet at “Affirmation Tower,” a 2 million-square-foot skyscraper envisioned by developer Don Peebles for 418 11th Avenue…

3 Likes

It is extremely annoying how much they’re trying to make this something bigger than it really is.
But whatever gets it through. Whether it’s this tower or another, I really want to see a 1,600 +, 2 million sqft + tower go up right here.
It’s a really good position right next to Javits, with a train line very, very close by, the highline is is just a walk away. HY and in the future HY II are literally right next door, including the massive park complex that it has. Very desirable spot for whatever goes up here.

There is a very good spot across the street from it, but I don’t know about the prospects of it. Zoning, Air Rights, just general development prospects.

I suspect that Hochul will not want problems with the black community and will cave in.

Even if that is the case, you can almost always (99% chance) expect that there will be an arbitrary height decrease… look at 175 Park Avenue.

Not really, for whatever reason, Peebles is committed to this height.

That still pisses me off. Easily the best skyscraper proposal in the last 3 or 4 decades (imho) and its height is cut for arbitrary and unexplainable reasons that will in no way benefit anyone, not the stupid fucking Nimbys, not the developers, not the city, and sure as hell not us.

2 Likes

I looooove the design, but not much of a fan of the location.

It messes with the silhouette of the skyline looming behind Hudson Yards from the south.

3 Likes

They should do these things to achieve balance with Affirmation Tower, especially from Greenwich St.

• Rebuild the Twin Towers in their original locations, to loom behind Freedom Tower from the north.
  • Freedom Tower/One World Trade downsized to a slightly larger version of 7 World Trade Center.

I will be releasing a model of these changes sometime soon. I will keep you posted.

1 Like

I love everything about this building except the design. So many stacked box buildings. This one is just a taller version of BIG’s failed design for 2WTC. The fact that it looks like a stack of boxes falling over will be very disconcerting. I hope the design changes.

2 Likes

I would love to see more smooth buildings in NYC vs the traditional NYC box.
Something al la Shanghai Tower

1 Like

Unfortunately in NYC it’s more about economic feasibility and how much $$$ you can get from the floor space built. Shanghai tower, while attractive isn’t quite an efficient use of floor space. I won’t bet on seeing a design like Shanghai tower (especially that tall) going up in New York anytime soon.

1 Like

True true

@NewYorkCity76 @AgentGodzillaRP

1 Like