7 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

outdoor terrace

today from New York Yimby

7 Likes

right of frame, north of Union Square

Golden Light Trails Across Midtown Manhattan by andrew.kaslick, on Flickr

side note: I will forever hate 1 Madison for obscuring this view of the Metropolitan Life Clock Tower. One of my few NIMBY takes.

9 Likes

10 Likes

Last week

9 Likes
2 Likes

12/1/20

9 Likes

Architectural design involves so much more than simply how the building ‘looks’ or the aesthetics; how the building functions is the ‘hidden talent’ where most Architectural designers do not get due credit.

On the aesthetics this one rates only ‘better’ on the beauty contest scale of good/better/best; but in terms of function this seems brilliant.

Corner windows, good floor plans, large windows, well placed indoor/outdoor spaces: I always did prefer ‘brains’ over ‘beauty’… :yum:

Yesterday

9 Likes
3 Likes

Yesterday

7 Likes

This one has a plain Jane exterior: but the interior design is gorgeous.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNnE-xhjjN5/

Photo credit: Streeteasy.

1 Like

the view out of the window looks fake. I don’t think this building is that tall.

2 Likes

I think that is actually a photo of the room; does not look like computer graphics. The view may be a computer graphic photoshop image. I do like the interior detailing regardless of the view: simple baseboards, no crown moulding, large well proportioned windows that have a sill height ‘above’ the floor, etc.

The furniture staging is quite tasteful also; this project was well done inside AND out.

However, I agree the VU - may be an ‘artistic interpretation’ of the actual vista… :rofl:

This is complete.

VU New York Condominiums

Address: 368 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10016

Hours:

Friday 10AM–6PM
Saturday 10AM–4PM
Sunday 10AM–4PM
Monday 10AM–6PM
Tuesday 10AM–6PM
Wednesday 10AM–6PM
Thursday 10AM–6PM

Suggest new hours