NEW YORK | 360 10th Avenue | ? FT | ? FLOORS

@timothyschenck

5 Likes

consider this bump an April Fools, though I can’t help but fantasize that McCourt will sneak in an early model of his future tower during this pop up event.

2 Likes

I don’t know whats going on here.

2 Likes

I read that they’re making a temporary performance plaza.

1 Like

it’s already over, I think. That’s what’s left.

1 Like

I really hope SHoP stays on whatever project emerges here. I’d love to see their work at HY to break up the monotony of blue glass and replace it with stunning facades.

Hopefully JDS is hungry for a west side digs too!

2 Likes

Hines is out.

McCourt Global recently hired CBRE and HFF to help “identify potential development partners and opportunities” for the site at 360 10th Avenue, Drew McCourt, the firm’s president and Frank McCourt’s son, confirmed to The Real Deal. Sources said the company does not have plans for an outright sale.

The developer paid Sherwood Equities and Long Wharf Real Estate Partners $167 million in 2014 for the site, including air rights, in what was his first major commercial real estate deal since selling the Dodgers in 2011 – and remains his only major New York real estate holding.
At the time, he envisioned a $3 billion residential-and-retail skyscraper on the site, which is zoned for 840,000 square feet. Houston-based development giant Hines joined the project as an equity and development partner in September 2014, but that deal later fell apart.

In a statement, Drew McCourt made note of “the Hudson Yards district beginning to thrive.”

CBRE’s Darcy Stacom and Bill Shanahan and HFF’s Andrew Scandalios are marketing the stake.

2 Likes

This is going to be a slowburner

Hopefully we get something great out of it

1 Like

Pics by me. Taken today.

Still no activity on site.

20181116_115659 by Christopher Estevez, on Flickr

20181116_115709 by Christopher Estevez, on Flickr

3 Likes

Those of you on Skyscraperpage have probably already seen this, but last year 6sqft published an article on SHoP Architects that featured photos of the firm’s offices. Eagle-eyed NYGuy on SSP spotted what appear to be massing models for 360 10th Ave. Based on the models, we could be in for a real treat with this tower, since a few of them appear taller than 30 Hudson.

Which one is your favorite? I like the one with the spiral crown.

(This is my first time uploading images to YIMBY forum so hopefully it’ll work!)

Original article: https://www.6sqft.com/where-i-work-go-inside-shop-architects-aviation-inspired-offices-in-the-woolworth-building/

5 Likes

it’s unclear if SHoP architects is still on board, since Hines bailed McCourt may adjust his plans. But if they are retained and if the proposal looks anything like any of those, i’ll pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

I have seen the design and I am pretty sure it is none of those, also it is not taller than 30 HY, I think it was a bit over 1,000’.

9 Likes

Very interesting tidbit, YIMBY. Do you have any idea when the rest of us will be able to see the design? I understand you’re probably sworn to secrecy for the time being, so I understand if you won’t answer this question, but does this tower have a flat roof or some sort of crown/spire?

1 Like

Is it a good design?

2 Likes

waiting on McCourt

Taxi station - Hudson Yards, New York City by Andreas Komodromos, on Flickr

4 Likes

That sounds like a play by Samuel Beckett.

Waiting on McCourt could take us into the 22nd century.

1 Like

Curious what is happening with the USPS Morgan Processing Center—it appears to be largely gutted.

1 Like

I get to answer my own question:

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate. That site was a leading contender for the relocation of MSG.

2 Likes