NEW YORK | 350 Park Avenue | 1,600 FT | 70 FLOORS

Foster seems to be the new king of NY. I’m just waiting for another AM Stern super tall to come. A lot of residential, but I’d like to see a super tall with a AM Stern design.

5 Likes

If he could give us a design similar to One Bennett Park or 30 Park Place I’d be overjoyed. I liked the crown of 220 CPS, but the rest of the tower feels jumbled up and the balconies really bring the design down.

2 Likes

3d model:
https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/30ecd84e-c394-4c01-8dad-d1fbf1245704/350-Park-Avenue

With the new towers

10 Likes

Very nice and even better that nothing great has to go for it to be built!

8 Likes

I would love to see a modern version of 40 Wall Street. Or a tower that seems to emulate it, only with a modern twist, like with 220 CPS or 30 Park (99 Church).

One of my favorite towers, up there in the rankings.

6 Likes

Those are some awesome renders Thomas!!! Makes me get so pumped the future!

4 Likes

Its amazing how he does them so quickly. I’d still be working on the stick spires only after many hours lol.

2 Likes

I got home from school and saw the design was revealed. Then went to McDonald’s a half an hour later and started the model. I get these models done quick just for you guys and everyone who downloads my models on the 3d Warehouse. And I was looking at the elevation and drew some lines to determine the tower’s full height, looks to actually be around 1,490 feet

10 Likes

Its the chicken nuggets isn’t it. I knew it! Once them chicken nuggets kick in, the magic happens.

On a side note, yeah it does look closer to 1500 ft.

Looks like it extends a little above it. 10 ft or so shy of 1500.

6 Likes

40 Wall Street is a beauty, I think most of us on here would love to see a return to classic designs with epic crowns and spires. I think the top of this tower could use a little clean up, but overall a great design.

1 Like

I hope this makes The Fifth tower get a redesign. That building really looks bad compared to the other towers being proposed. Now all that’s left is the Hyatt tower and the Chase tower!! These really are some golden times!!

4 Likes

With the trend of wicked crowns, I’m still hoping 270 Park has one. They did promise a “world renown design” but I’d be a little dissapointed if it was flat-roofed. Unless maybe everything else was okay.

I think Tower Fifth is the weakest design out of all the super talls in the area. Well that… and 432 Park.

But we shall see. The observation deck will be nice, really nice, but I do hope they tinker with the design. Just looks out of place relative to the greats like 111 W 57th or CPT (all which have better designs).

Like Tower 5th might be more suited for Hudson Yards or next to the Spiral. I kinda see HY as the future sandbox testing ground for designs. Its an experiment, but its working.

4 Likes

Elevations

13 Likes

I think we’re in for a good surprise when it comes to the Chase Tower, Foster has really gotta come through with the design. I like the cantilever aspects and the observation deck of Tower 5th but the top is a little distracting. Honestly I wish we had a little more height going on at Hudson Yards, but I think all that height is gonna go to the Penn Station area. I guess we’ll see, definitely bright times ahead!!

4 Likes

OMG I was so not expecting this.

2 Likes

This tower is beautiful.

I oddly like Tower Fifth more clustered with this tower. I guess it’s that good.

Awesome models, Thomas! Makes me feel like the New York of “The Expanse” is already here.

9 Likes

I used to say that as long as the steinway was built I’d be happy. No more! I need this to be built!

4 Likes

Concerned to see the west-facing side. Forster did a decent enough job on the “back” of 425, but in the absence of a full-color, detailed rendering I’m somewhat anxious. Good to see at least that there will be some fenestration, as @the726 pointed out.

But otherwise, an exciting development I plan to watch with interest!

2 Likes

I wonder when the tenants leases at 350 Park expire.

I’d like to see Cravath anchor this.

1 Like

According to the MAS tool the current buildings part of assemblage have just over 900K sf as built and although there is one weird plot I don’t know anything about they are both built slightly larger than what ‘current’ zoning would allow. Current being what the app says and I doubt that includes the Midtown East bonuses (10-15 FAR). This new building would cost $3-4B so it would need a big anchor tenant, probably a larger lease than any one of 1 Vandy’s to get started.

7 Likes