NEW YORK | 350 Park Avenue | 1,600 FT | 70 FLOORS

Vornado is mulling redevelopment, possibly tag teaming with their neighbor to form an assemblage.

two major building owners are discussing a joint venture to build a new office tower on Park Avenue.

Under the plan, Vornado Realty Trust would contribute the land under its office building at 350 Park Ave. and Rudin Management its mid-block tower at 40 E. 52nd St.

Such a deal would mean demolishing the current structure and building a new tower with a nicer and larger floor plate under the East Midtown zoning rules.

Vornado’s sits on the entire blockfront between East 51st and 52nd streets, while Rudin’s mid-block building at 40 E. 52nd St. sits right behind it with entrances on both side streets. This is a 23-story tower with 385,000 square feet and its main tenant, BlackRock, is moving to Hudson Yards and will leave it empty in roughly four years.

Sources said the firms have already discussed leasing such a new tower to a major company
[…]

10 Likes

Great news. This has the potential for massive floorplates, perfect for financial firms.

6 Likes

Midtown East’s rezoning is starting to bloom… Slowly, but surely.:seedling:
This merger should yield over 1 million sq ft of buildable new office space.

5 Likes

18 Likes

Title changed to: NEW YORK | 350 Park Avenue | 1,450 FT | 70 FLOORS

Holy shit!!! :beers:

12 Likes

17 Likes

It’s over.

No other city should keep trying.

Crown NY.

Wow.

8 Likes

http://fliphtml5.com/twmd/mpao

3 Likes

15 Likes

This looks like it belongs in a whole other city! Very unique, I like it a lot. Time to model it!

6 Likes

Also just noticed that Tower Fifth will be the next block over to the East…still begging for a redesign

2 Likes

Do we have any idea what the side facing west will look like? I hope it’s not a giant blank wall. Other than that, this looks dope!

7 Likes

It is NOT a blank wall.

1 Like

the 400m plateau is here. We’ll see a megatall soon.

4 Likes

this is very good, but how can you tell it’s not a giant blank wall showing the middle finger to billionaire row?

2 Likes

Wow, this is amazing and surprising news. It’s like the Leadenhall in London, but I cant tell which one I like better! What is the possibility of this happening soon? The booklet mentions it’s just a concept idea. I guess they are looking to see how well received it is and possible tenant inquiries.

Now we’re just waiting on news for 270 Park!

Seems the back wall will have windows at the elevator banks. @Falco

5 Likes

Wow!!! Who’s the architect?

3 Likes

I think it could be a Foster design.

5 Likes

It’s definitely Foster, the West wall looks kind of like 425 Park’s East wall and it has everything he puts in his designs, like triangles and metal cladding. What’s funny is I always imagined a skyscraper in NYC with two spires, now it’s real! And I just finished the 3d model

6 Likes

We’re pretty sure it’s Foster, it’s pretty in line with his recent designs and it’s similar to the design he made for that tower in India years ago.

It’s even got a similar base to 270 park ave

12 Likes