NEW YORK | 341-347 Madison Ave | ~844 FT | 49 FLOORS

Rough mockup

12 Likes

Here is a better one

with a FAR of 30 it should be a pretty chunky tower

14 Likes

I hope that the design isn’t a box like what’s shown. If it is, it will really suck Dick

Cheney.

8 Likes

Hopefully the half lot will give it an interesting shape. I wouldn’t be totally surprised if they cantilever over the landmarked Yale club.

I wonder if 52 Vanderbilt ave will be left alone or developed as part of this project.

2 Likes

Looks like 2026 will be when the next supertall boom commences

This building and Grand Hyatt will finish construction, HY phase 2 will be complete, 270 Park will be complete or almost complete, 350 Park will be under construction. Who knows what else will be U/C in those years

5 Likes

"Looks like 2026 will be when the next supertall boom commences

This building and Grand Hyatt will finish construction, HY phase 2 will be complete, 270 Park will be complete or almost complete, 350 Park will be under construction. Who knows what else will be U/C in those years"

Ha! What pandemic…

4 Likes
5 Likes

@chris08876 NEW YORK | 341-347 Madison Ave | 1,050 FT | 55 FLOORS - #8 by YIMHudson

4 Likes

Whoops! I didn’t even see there was already a forum. I wasn’t even tracking it!

3 Likes

Its all good. Merged.

3 Likes

Made a massing for this new proposal, taking into consideration New York YIMBY’s 343 Madison Avenue article’s info: total square footage, number of floors, total height and height of podium ( 301’ that matches its neighbors to the east). This is the result. I placed the tower on the north side of the podium to avoid obstruction of eastern views from MetLife Building, creating a terrace facing south. The building’s floor heights are ridiculously high.

12 Likes

If it has a podium to the east, perhaps it could be a stepped tower like 111 West 57? That’s something I would like to see, but it has to be executed differently than 111 W57 and 200 Amsterdam

1 Like

The floor plates aren’t wide enough (office/commercial-wise) to further reduce them either from the east or west sides. If this was a residential building then a more unconventional shape could be achieved, having way more flexibility to play with different sized floor plates. Hopefully escaping Manhattan’s known building constraints.

2 Likes

Amazing new render by siniaevart from Instagram. (https://www.instagram.com/siniaevart/)

11 Likes

It’s a gorgeous rendering, but I really hope it’s not going to be a plain block like that

2 Likes

It will really suck if it’s a box like this.

425 Park is a small site, and it’s not a box.

3 Likes

I think it is unique since this is a vertically-oriented box compared to the other horizontally-oriented boxes throughout Midtown.

2 Likes

As long as it blocks the view of MetLife, it’s ok in my book

3 Likes

Maybe like a Midtown 28 Liberty / One Chase Manhattan Plaza?

4 Likes

A similar design Design to the Travelstead Tower 1080 feet, 74 storys.

(Wired New York Forum

5 Likes