NEW YORK | 30 Park Place | 937 FT | 67 FLOORS

30 is one of my favorites also. If you get the chance, there’s a neat bar in the lobby that made me an incredible old fashioned! :tumbler_glass:

3 Likes
5 Likes

9 Likes

It looks like it’s been there for 100 years!

The details are so nice on this.

11 Likes

Beautiful!

Indeed.

12 Likes

Has stood the test of time. This is one of those towers that in a short period became unrecognizable. Not in the sense of aesthetics, no, no… but in the sense that it doesn’t feel new. Doesn’t look recently built, more akin to being build decades ago. Feels Gotham like a tower from the 30’s or 40’s.

5 Likes

It’s an excellent tower, and it’s height and location does extremely well bridging the gap between the classic Fidi towers and new WTC/glass condo towers on certain skyline angles

3 Likes

There is a stop work order posted. Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

A stop work order on what exactly?

This has been complete for almost 2 years now

the DOB handles interior work as well as structural work. Probably an interior project.

No one has moved in, The park place lobby looks complete, but they haven’t completed the Murray street one. I don’t know the state of the floors above

Are you sure you’re on the right thread? 30 park place (aka Four Seasons Downtown) is fully completed and occupied

Yea @treebeard you might be thinking of a different site. The interiors at this property (both hotel and residential) are occupied. I’ve actually been there several times to work out of the lobby bar. Also this sits between Park and Barclay, not Park and Murray so I’m not sure which lobby you’re talking about

You’re right, wrong building. I think of this one as 99 church, The building I am asking about is 33 Park Place. I have the wrong thread. My bad

Ironic that a building that looked like it had been there forever was eclipsed in less than a year.

7 Likes

Credit:FC

9 Likes