NEW YORK | 3 Hudson Boulevard | 987 FT | 56 FLOORS

https://scontent-mrs1-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/4545e87498f6a91ad073551b9e84efa5/5D3D3014/t51.2885-15/e35/53190902_791999884496695_5640459414088260199_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-mrs1-1.cdninstagram.com&se=8&ig_cache_key=MjAwNDcxNjgzMjk2MzEyMTMyNA%3D%3D.2

https://scontent-mrs1-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/1e629faacdda08558924e53ad49acaad/5D3FC08D/t51.2885-15/e35/52969796_438412426900086_5140383839039547023_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-mrs1-1.cdninstagram.com&se=8&ig_cache_key=MjAwNDcxNjg0MTI1OTMxMTA0Mg%3D%3D.2

Credit: O_J_H on Instagram: "Hudson Yards from Weehawken with 3 Hudson Yards rendered : The first steel columns are in place for the Moinian Group/Boston Properties' new Manhattan office tower 3 Hudson Yards (slide). The 1.9-MSF development will rise across from the Javits Convention Center and Related-Oxford's @HudsonYards. It will stand 53 floors, approximately 940 feet tall and open in 2021. @FXCollaborative are the architects and new renderings on-site show an uneventful, pared-down design of glass and steel. The project will have retail, a possible duplex rooftop entertainment space/terrace, and will seek LEED Gold. Perhaps the signing of an anchor tenant will spice things up a bit..."

Hudson Yards from Weehawken with 3 Hudson Yards rendered : The first steel columns are in place for the Moinian Group/Boston Properties’ new Manhattan office tower 3 Hudson Yards (slide).

7 Likes

Isn’t this being built on-spec? Steel columns are being placed and the 1st columns are already there.

I think It’ll rise. Appears to be confidence in the market given the rise of on-spec towers being considered.

2 Likes

They’re calling this 3 Hudson Yards now? This tower is too much of a disappoint to be a part of Hudson Yards

1 Like

Shame they didn’t use the original design with the spire. I mean, based on the renderings, it doesn’t look too too bad. But time will tell. I think 55 HY is the weakest of all the designs. 35 Hudson is the star of the show, and utter gem.

4 Likes

Still 3 Hudson as I understand it. Might of been the instagram users error, because even I have thought of this as 3 Hudson. Boulevard relative to the surrounding towers kinda throws one off considering the neighborhood its in. IMO, 3 Hudson sounds better from a marketing standpoint.

4 Likes

High res / crisper renderings

Can be found here:

4 Likes

I get that the focus is on the client’s building but 35 HY looks so squished :joy:. Makes me not take it seriously.

3 Likes

3 Hudson Boulevard has big hands thats why. :wink:

Reminds me of those renderings where they completely cut out an existing tower that will be complete in the future. Like Barnett dismissing Sterns super tall when marketing CPT.

2 Likes

God damn, they’re not so good at making renders. The perspective of the tower in the first image is shifted a bit and in the second render it looks like they made it above 30 Hudson Yards. Should’ve just hired me

6 Likes

The columns in that post have been in place for months. No news there. This site is in hibernation.

If Moinian and Boston were going ahead on spec they’d be putting out press releases announcing their confidence and how awesome their site is. But they’re not.

1 Like

lol gotta love how they shrunk hy for this render. glad they got real innovative on the design :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

The loss of the original torqued design is of course disappointing, but silver lining: at least it’s inoffensive.

I see clean, simple filler buildings like this as the backdrop for more striking buildings like 10/30 and 35 HY. If every building in this cluster was trying to be the crown jewel, you’d have a goofy mess like the Dubai Marina (and like the Marina, this is a such prominent location that any eyesores will stand unobstructed for a hundred years).

Also, I may be in the minority, but I’m also glad they scrapped the spire. It didn’t fit that design, and struck me as such a petty “look look, I’m technically taller than the tallest building in the Yards!” gimmick.

7 Likes

Well said

1 Like

Wow, NYC’s first megatall!! At least, that’s what the render shows :joy::joy:

A boring box. I’d expect nothing less from NYC :expressionless:

1 Like

That’s utterly ridiculous considering what’s been built here in recent years.

Where are you from? Clearly, not NY.

2 Likes

Walpole, I’ve been on this NYC board for quite awhile: I have 1.4k likes, many of them from you :roll_eyes::joy:

Have a bit of humor dude, the whole post is clearly tongue in cheek.

P.S. New York does build a lot of boxes.

1 Like

Hudson Yards is gonna be yuuuuugeee!!!

30 Hudson Yards, 35 Hudson Yards, The Spiral, and 50 Hudson Yards will all be over 1,000 feet tall. More to come, I’m sure.

For perspective, New York went 8 years with just the ESB and Chrysler as 1,000 foot tall towers post 9/11.

2 Likes

A whole new crop of super talls rising. As the cranes go down for some, a whole new flower pot grows.

1 Like

Fixed

8 Likes

WTF happened to that supposed redesign with the micro-staggered setbacks?

Re: Thomas Koloski’s illustration from 22 days ago?

And whereTF did that nothing-happening blue glass monolith shown in Chris08876’s post from 22 hours ago come from?

This design process has been a bag of dropped marbles from the get.

2 Likes