NEW YORK | 3 Hudson Boulevard | 987 FT | 56 FLOORS

4 Likes

Apparently this thing is back to supertall status. According to FAA filings found by NYGuy at SSP it will be 987 feet, 3 feet above the 300 meter mark.

https://oeaaa.faa.gov/oeaaa/external/searchAction.jsp?action=displayOECase&oeCaseID=417680757&row=331

I hope it got redesigned yet again, the last few renderings have been utter crap IMO.

12 Likes

It’s amazing how spoiled we’ve become. If this was being built in the 1990s/early 2000s when construction was basically stagnant in the city, we would all be tripping over ourselves in excitement.

Now compared to everything else, even at potentially 987 feet tall, this thing is forgettable.

8 Likes

Its true. Like the other day I found myself literally thinking “thats it” in regards to the height. Like even an 800 ft development doesn’t garnish that much enthusiasm unless its stellar.

Relative to its proxies, 3 Hudson is going to appear tiny. Not many cities where 800-920 ft can just be eviscerated among its surroundings.

3 Likes

I just wanted to comment that I remember reading about this building online in I wanna say 2007-ish. It’s been a LONG, LONG, road just to get this far. GWB was the president, green cabs and Uber were years away, the iphone just announced. And then I think about 2WTC and I’m like oh yeah.

Rendering from 2007:

10 Likes

Today

The rendering on site is the original version (not sure if the on site render had the spire. - I should have taken a pic)

20 Likes

13 Likes

They had a steady stream of concrete trucks and were pouring concrete to finalize the sw foundation walls this morning. And I saw at least 3 of the renderings around the site which appears to be back to one of the original designs with the torqued walls. Spire seems gone though.

17 Likes

This neighborhood will be so dense when all of the towers are up and finished.

5 Likes

That design without the spire I can accept, and especially with the spire. If they’re still building the glass block I’m still uninterested with that one

2 Likes

Please, God!!!

1 Like

At least one tower with a spire would be great.

3 Likes

I can most definitely live with that design, it still looks good without the spire. Wish it was taller though.

1 Like

Will be crazy to see 3 supertalls go up across the street from one another!

2 Likes

Today

11 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5KzjCFnY0T/?igshid=1wi93osms9bdu

7 Likes

today 12.21.19 from yimy

5 Likes

Not as excited for this one after the redesign

2 Likes

I dont even know which design is happening

8 Likes

Yesterday