NEW YORK | 29th St & 5th Ave | FT | 43 FLOORS

Praying this one will stall like that Russian abomination nearby.

6 Likes

I am cautiously optimistic that BIG’s abysmal design will not rise. It’s no longer on BIG’s website (as far as I can tell), and HFZ’s website no longer references Bjarke.

1 Like

its still on HFZ’s sadly.

1 Like

I knew that the images were, but it makes no reference to BIG. Also, Safdie’s version is also shown on HFZ’s website. More importantly, this horrific project is no longer in BIG’s website.

1 Like

photo by @ILNY

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxDZ0hTj8NT/?hl=en

5 Likes

Today.

3 Likes

More drilling today. I hate that they are going with this design as shown by the massing. I keep hoping it will change last minute.

4 Likes

Unbearably ugly. The only places in NYC where I think there should be height limits is directly in front of the ESB and to the east of Chrysler (to preserve the view from Queens).

4 Likes

The Pfizer site will most definitely block most or all of Chrysler one day, unfortunately.

2 Likes

has HFZ assembled 600k sf or are they just pulling our leg? No activity on the DOB website. I’d rather this not be taller than 550’ tbh.

2 Likes

Capitalism once made NY beautiful but now capitalism is making NY ugly.

Sad to see.

2 Likes

That was interesting. Those telephoto shots shows some detail views of the high up masonry work; all gone now. Thanks for the record - enjoyed all 4 videos.

1 Like

foil to the ESB??

so they gave Tower Verre a haircut because it was going to compete with the “majesty” of the Empire State Building while this POS is going to be a “foil” to the ESB

:see_no_evil:

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0mck3HgDOf/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

4 Likes

This whole building is a catastrophic addition to the skyline. It’s gonna be an eyesore from Downtown. What a shame, and right in front of the ESB

7 Likes

They have started excavation. They seemed to be down about 10-15 feet on the north side. It’s hard to get a good pic through the fences.

9 Likes

I was just thinking about this heinous PoS today.

Have 20 and 22 W 30th come down yet?

2 Likes

This building is going to be a tragedy for the skyline and i don’t think anybody who can do anything about it knows it yet.

4 Likes

Last night

11 Likes
7 Likes