NEW YORK | 277 5th Ave | 663 FT | 52 FLOORS

Today

The developer also owns the little brown building to right. It will come down next.

1 Like

Oct 17, 2015

2 Likes

Going down!!! Cheers

Victor Homes also owns 273 and 275 5th Ave and 2 E 30th St., both of which are still standing… For now!

Today

Today

Today

Today

The developer owns All buildings in this photo, but for the one on the end with the Turkish restaurant.

All will be razed except that one.

Dec 14, 2015

3 Likes

The Turkish restaurant at 271 5th was closed yesterday. As per Acris, The developer does not own that building, but it appears to have acquired its air rights. Perhaps, the developer recently acquired 271, as well and the deed simply hasn’t been recorded yet.

1 Like

The Turkish place was closed again today. I would not be surprised if Victor Homes has acquired this site.

The restaurant at 271 has closed.

1 Like

The three buildings to the right of the netting will come down, as will the first small building on E 30th.

Dec 30, 2015

1 Like

It’s a shame that more details weren’t revealed re: 281 5th. It’s amazing that this formerly dumpy area will have $2m one bedroom apartments!

Conversation With Moshe Shuster

JANUARY 12, 2016

The 30-Minute Interview
By VIVIAN MARINO

Mr. Shuster, 71, is the founder and president of VRE Development, which does business as the Victor Group. The company, with headquarters in Wall, N.J., and an office in Manhattan, was previously known as Victor Homes. Its condominium developments in Manhattan include the Charles and the Lumiere, and its current projects include 281 Fifth Avenue and the Getty, at 239 10th Avenue.

Interview conducted and condensed by

VIVIAN MARINO

Q. How would you describe your main duties and responsibilities at the company?

A. First of all, the decision making of what you do. The strategy of where we work — what site we buy, what kinds of buildings we build — then, of course, the financing and the design. So the main things are decision making, financing and design.

Q. Your son Asaf Shuster also works with you as a vice president of business development. Are you priming him to eventually take over the business?

A. Yes. He came here only two years ago, relocated from Israel.

Q. Do you have plans to retire anytime soon?

A. Sometime. I don’t know. I’m only 71.

Q. How big is the company’s portfolio right now?

A. We have three residential developments. All condos, all in Manhattan. And we have an office park in Wall, N.J.

Q. Do you live in New York?

A. I split my time between Israel and New York — I live on 57th Street, the Metropolitan Tower.

Q. So how is business?

A. 2015 was a good year, and I believe it will continue like this.

Q. Let’s talk about some of your current projects, starting with 281 Fifth Avenue, a condominium tower you’re developing with Lend Lease.

A. We are in demolition now. We start the foundation in February.

Most of the units will be between $2 million and $5 million; most will be one and two bedrooms. We’ll have retail on the first and second floors.

1 Like

271 5th, the little brownstone on the left, is now empty. No deed has been recorded yet on Acris, but I suspect it was sold.

Jan 13, 2016

The developer owns 2 E 30th, the dumpy little tenement on the right. I hope it gets 4 E 30th, the adjacent POS.

Jan 14, 2016

1 Like

Jan 20, 2016

Filed with the DOB on Jan 21st:

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/JobsQueryByNumberServlet?requestid=2&passjobnumber=140451482&passdocnumber=01

Jan 22nd

Filed today with the DOB:

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/JobsQueryByNumberServlet?requestid=2&passjobnumber=140451482&passdocnumber=01

This photo taken on Jan 25, 2016 shows the sites of 281 5th and 3 W 29th St. It was taken from in front of the site of 15 E 30th St! Only in NY, lads!

1 Like