NEW YORK | 2748 Jackson Ave | 811 FT | FLOORS (New tallest; Queens)

Height and Elevation
Latitude (NAD 83): 40° 44’ 52.04" N

Longitude (NAD 83): 73° 56’ 21.91" W
Datum: NAD 83
City: Queens
State: NY
Nearest County: Queens Proposed

Site Elevation: 15
Structure Height: 811
Total Height (AMSL): 826

Study (ASN): 2021-AEA-2657-OE

Prior Study:

Entered Date: 02/25/2021

11 Likes

There’s so many empty lots around Court Sq to build up. But Queens is pretty much destined to never have a supertall because of LGA, right?

4 Likes

Two 900 footers got chopped after FAA reviews (Skyline Tower and Sven, formerly Queens Plaza Park) so that is safe to assume.

3 Likes

Where is this going? In place of the Court Square municipal parking structure?

1 Like

I believe so.

1 Like

What about along the waterfront?

1 Like

it might actually be somewhere else.

In this article about Helen Uffner’s costume warehouse (a fascinating piece in itself, regardless of the real-estate angle), it is mentioned that Ms. Uffner has to vacate her premises by September 2021 “so a developer can build LIC’s tallest residential high-rise.”

And her website lists her address as 42-24 Orchard Street.

http://uffnervintage.com/

So I think this project is actually on the southeast side of Jackson Avenue, between Queens and Orchard streets. The northern part of this block is a parking lot, and the warehouses take up the southern two-thirds of the block So it will be interesting to see if the warehouse buildings will be incorporated into this project, .

3 Likes

Or it could be two separate, unrelated sites. There are a number of sites along Jackson Ave. that could, in theory, be a new tallest for Queens.

yes, but 2478 Jackson Avenue, this address, is associated with a private parking lot operator and not the municipal parking garage:

https://www.dnb.com/business-directory/company-profiles.s_p_i_operating_corporation.2ca587be293a8d11dd1654272b0d9a13.html

This isn’t the place for this.

1 Like
2 Likes

I think this is the right site for this project?

4 Likes

Yes, it is.

9 Likes

5 Likes

Hmm interesting. If this is the new tallest for Queens, do you think Queens will ever get a supertall? I assumed that the FAA wouldn’t allow it due to the close proximity to LaGuardia but this is already 811 feet and that isn’t that far off.

2 Likes