NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

Lol I know your anger isn’t aimed at me in particular but I wouldn’t be so surprised by the ongoing secrecy and non-openness of the building.

It is different than an a number of buildings in the city because it is owned and being built by a single entity, not a developer and multiple companies will not occupy it. JPMC can do whatever they want with it and how it’s perceived by the public and if they don’t want to release information (which is a normal aspect of businesses) let it be that way, that’s not really something to get riled up about. :+1:

As for the lack of drawings/renders on the construction fence, a number of projects large and small around the city never have drawings go up, that’s not a requirement of DOB and it’s more so at the discretion of the developer and/or owner.

2 Likes

Makes perfect sense. A developer who is looking for prospective tenants would want to create interest and put as much info out to reel in interested parties. That dynamic does not exist here. Thanks for all of your insight TKDV.

3 Likes

Marketing 101: Create hype

100%, sorry if I sounded like I was targeting you in particular.

I acknowledge they are doing everything ‘by the book’ with the authorities, but that doesn’t mean that their choices here don’t seem immature. While secrecy makes sense for things like their prop trading strategies or ongoing M&A deals, there’s no real business reason to be secretive about a building.
It’s already pretty obvious this building is pretty much a vanity project that won’t benefit the shareholders in any meaningful way, they should just embrace that they’re freaking JP Morgan, named after the guy who bailed out the US government and created modern day Wall Street. I don’t think JP would have pussyfooted around like this

2 Likes

15 Likes

What is the link to the first two Earthcam shots? Thanks.

Go to Earthcam.com and its the Lincoln Harbor cam. However sometimes they alternate what the camera is focusing on so it may not be the same view.

17 Likes

The view from 6th & 48thSt.

20 Likes

16 Likes

21 Likes

Mr. Dimon gave us an icon!

3 Likes

who is Mr. Dimon??

Jamie Dimon is the CEO of JP Morgan Chase.

3 Likes

Hence the in your face Jamie diamonds.

1 Like

The King of Wall Street, though the Great Ken Griffin is a king as well.

3 Likes

Credit: the Dronalist

17 Likes

I could very well imagine that they will soon start hanging the facade.

16 Likes

Took my film camera over yesterday but shot some quick iPhone photos until I get around to developing those.

22 Likes

The facade should be coming really soon especially since clips are appearing on the base of the tower that were not present on photos from a few days ago

12 Likes