NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

Well, Waldo has a good vantage point! :grinning:

4 Likes

Cranes can be seen.

NJ will have a good view of this.

Credit: Gary Hershorn

19 Likes

Less than a decade ago, ESB completely dominated this view! In a year, 270 Park will have topped off and joined all the recent supertalls added to NYC’s growing skyline :exploding_head:

12 Likes

100% on that. The ESB was way to dominating and Chrysler actually had a chance.

175 Park here we come!

Depending on HY Phase II, it could add a new dynamic, especially if 1-2 super talls come from Phase II.

Credit: Russell Kord ARCHIVE

5 Likes

This is the standard medicinal advertisement shot.

Well NY keeps tourism pamphlet makers busy because they always have to update the shots. Job security!

I feel bad for the guy who was so proud of his tourism pamphlet of Long Island City only to have to burn the draft and start over again.

3 Likes

Alright, I’m done with this new chamber of commerce video aaaand this skyline is gone!

2 Likes

Nice skyline pic! A little off topic but not only I can see a peek of 270 Park, but I think I also can see a glimpse of the lights from MSG, or if I’m mistaken for something else.

Don’t forget 360 Tenth Ave. Something very tall will rise there too.

https://www.mccourt.com/projects/360-tenth-ave-new-york-city

I believe the row of 6 yellow lights (if that’s what you’re referring to) below the Empire State Building is a construction lit floor of 2 Penn Plaza. The top ring of MSG would be obscured by buildings and structures in the foreground of it. :+1:

1 Like

Ah okay, thanks for the clarification. That’s still amazing 2 Penn Plaza can be seen from that particular view in NJ. Also, those lights from it looks pretty good (even though they’re under construction) :slight_smile: :+1:

2 Likes

6 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnmPgDWOCWq/

Imgur

On Michael Hoffman | Flickr

18 Likes

20 Likes

Wow, this building is about 700 feet tall and STILL hard to see from most angles. New York is amazing.

6 Likes

NYMAN2010

18 Likes

Jan 26th

B&W

The extent to which the tower fans out on the north and south facades is impressive.

B&W

16 Likes

Peeking through.

14 Likes

Robert—Agreed. I continue to be amazed not just about the design, but the engineering. It will be a unique building in the city when it’s finished, though the Hyatt replacement will have some similarities when it goes up.

4 Likes

These are very good times in NY, Chused. We have many forthcoming icons.

1 Like