NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

@robertwalpole It’s already a landmarked building (525 Lex) but I can’t tell if you’re referring to The Roosevelt. The other closed hotel (The Maxwell) isn’t so that’s why 541 Lex is being redeveloped.

@007 That’s a question for the Roosevelt Hotel thread.

@SideStreet That’s an interesting idea to convert it to residential, but I wouldn’t say it failed as a hotel, it had fairly good reviews before closing, a lot of hotels never came back from covid but it’s not because they were failing before then. I personally think there’s too “few” windows for it to be residential, I think it just needs to be spruced up and reopened as a hotel.

2 Likes

What really sucks is that the crappiest, non-landmarked hotel on Lex, the Roger Smith, isn’t being razed and will be converted to timeshares.

Thank God that 525 is LM’d. It’s beautiful.

It’s total BS that the Roosevelt isn’t LM’d.

It would totally suck if these jerks raze 541 and let it sit as an empty lot for 7 years.

I had forgotten that nothing was happening with the Roger Smith, I’m sure it will eventually be redeveloped, just not in the near future.

Roosevelt’s landmarking is a seemingly lost cause. I’d personally like to also see it landmarked, but highly doubt it will be before redevelopment begins.

I think it just depends on who the developers is of 541 Lex for whether it will sit there once demolished or not or if it’s ever demolished and just sits there abandoned.

I think that it will be hard to acquire ownership if it’s divided into thousands of timeshares.

1 Like

I agree. I suspect that Kuafu, the owner of the Subway Inn site east of Lex, has problems with Xi. There’s no reason not to develop a condo there now.

I also agree that Lex is hit or miss.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnFv2jDuW1C/?igshid=Yzg5MTU1MDY=
Cranes will jump to floor 29 this week

4 Likes

270 Park within the Jungle

Credit: Paul Seibert

16 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnNeQ8UvItd/

13 Likes

Well the cranes have jumped as mentioned in the IG post TK2000 shared, and it looks like new steel columns have been added.

3 Likes

The first terraces were built in August 2022, reached the halfway point to the next terraces by the end of December. I saw we have more mechanical floors ahead, so maybe we’ll see the next terraces built by April-June 2023

1 Like

I concluded an approach to the next tier in late March/general April a little over a week ago, I think June is pushing it because we can assume the following 2 floors will take the rest of January, another 4 floors in February, and the last 4 floors in March, which means the steel for the setback would be erected when the last 2 floors of this tier are installed end of March (following a stable timeline). This would lead to a general April timeframe of framing the floor of the setback.

There is only one Mech/outrigger in the upper portion of this tier, the lower mech/outrigger of the tier took longer because it spanned 2 floors.

5 Likes

You da man!

2 Likes

17 Likes

Can’t wait to see the cladding go up on this one. Unlike a lot of projects in NYC with high hopes for the proposal, this one made it through and is magnificent.

4 Likes

Thanks for those, I knew they did install columns but I didn’t realize that they were going to be that tall or have columns of varying heights, with splices mid floor.

With that tallest corner column, reaching above the mech floor to level 31, the building is now ~690’ tall and at this point is now more or less half of it’s completed height. That corner column is over 50’ tall.

Some of your photos also show that facade clip installation has rapidly progressed to the 5th or so floor now.

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CnKa3OCJEJC/?igshid=Yzg5MTU1MDY=

3 Likes

Banker Steel shared a post on Instagram: "Have you ever wondered how our tower cranes climb? @nycconstructors". Follow their account to see 371 posts.

8 Likes

Where is Waldo?

1 Like

Waldo live in Hoboken.

4 Likes