NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cia8C-KPmfn/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CihvFB-OX94/

13 Likes

21 Likes

I wonder when this will top out

I would say late 2023, latest date being early 2024.

4 Likes

Credit: The NYC Walking Show

15 Likes

I didn’t even realize how visible this was from that angle. It’s crazy how close these all are, I love it.

1 Like

23 Likes

the taper is already more dramatic than I thought it would be at this point

4 Likes

This tower is iconic.

4 Likes

Imgur

NYC aerial iPhone shot by Daniel Piraino, on Flickr

8 Likes

Do we have a rendering by Xing with this angle?

Similar

3 Likes

Thanks

Update on this project, fireproofing looks to be starting on the entrance which makes sense why glass hasn’t been installed yet. The first set of glass should be installed in the next couple of weeks. At the rate this tower is going, I’m not surprised they top out by mid-late of next year.

16 Likes

9 Likes

I don’t want to discredit your info as I believe you have insider information (as a worker), but I dont believe fireproofing on the base has been stalling the upper cladding. The office floor cladding would be unaffected by the base fireproofing as the base cladding and sometimes fireproofing almost always goes on at the end of the project because of activity that is constantly occurring at ground level that could damage it.

What is stalling cladding installation at the moment is that the fireproofing above needs to reach past a certain point and concrete flooring also needs to reach a certain point or fireproofing can’t continue. Concrete is still only at the mechanical floor, and the fireproofing is quickly reaching it.

As for topping out, I believe that is the schedule to top out at the end of next year.

4 Likes

Ok I think its working now. Some issue with the first post. But now it should be working.

Apparently the system flagged the first post and did some weird crap. This thread should work now.

A little green tea, a sleeping pill… and the solutions come!

6 Likes

Xing,

Can you pop 270 into this?

2 Likes

Thanks @chris08876 :laughing:

One of the cranes started jumping yesterday and then today another one made a full jump (I don’t know why the first one wasn’t jumped all the way). They should be able to build 2-3 more floors within this jump before needing to jump again. At that point the safety cocoon will most likely be raised again and reformed to fit around the entire next tier and the current side ones removed. Decking is mostly finished on the current level so I suspect vertical steel work will resume after the all the cranes have jumped.

We can see that the next construction elevator is being built in the Park Ave atrium, strange to see a transfer elevator since they are almost always just built straight up with support and a walkway connecting it to the building.

Fireproofing is on the 7th office floor and concrete work is still only finished at the mechanical level, 2 floors above the fireproofing, but it looks like work is being done on the floor above the mech/outrigger floor for concrete preparation.

6 Likes

I hope that there’s a huge waterfall on either side of the Madison Ave entrance.

2 Likes