NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

I don’t see it that way.

2 Likes

From today. Still no facade but some of the brackets/clips seem to be there already.

17 Likes

25 Likes

Already so massive!!

5 Likes

Baby steps

1 Like

Great images of the base @JC_Heights! Clips have been installed on the north and south side of the 1st trading floor, but it’s hard to tell from your update (or really any update even from the earthcam view) if clips have also been installed on the upper floors. I can see the space left for them to be installed but can’t tell if they are there or not. Some clips overhang the slab edge and some don’t.

As for the upper portion of construction, parts of the safety cocoon were lifted up a floor. I don’t suspect the east and west ones will be lifted anymore than they have now been until maybe another 2 or 3 floors are constructed above the current height of the next tier.

5 Likes

This block on JCH’s photo is an Achilles Heel that sorely needs redevelopment. A seven-star hotel there would be nice.

4 Likes

The old…

24 Likes

I can’t wait to see the Cathedral of Finance to be visible in this view.

Do we have a rendering from Xing with this view from the ESB?

7 Likes

8 Likes

Thanks. Xing is The Man! He’s like the Banksy of skyscraper forums.

3 Likes

The Cathedral of Finance!

4 Likes

12 Likes

I wonder if the Madison Avenue water feature will look like the one in the 50th Street Commons. I like how it changes colors.

4 Likes

They’ve started to reconfigure the safety cocoon and we can now see both setbacks and they’ve also put down decking so it’s now very easy to see the next tier’s outline.

It’s hard to tell if the Park Ave construction elevator will continue to rise with more structure added to it to consecutively reach the next tiers or if only the larger 48th St construction elevator will continue to rise and the Park Ave one will stay put as it is.

Concrete work seems to have stopped prior to the mechanical floor but it appears that rebar work has been done, and fireproofing has risen another floor. Steel work has also stalled due to the use of the cranes for other components.

15 Likes

Sorry if this has been asked before but what’s the link for the construction camera

1 Like

https://share.earthcam.net/tJ90CoLmq7TzrY396Yd88EGDdfApkiSnTmjA1IG7sgs!.tJ90CoLmq7TzrY396Yd88C82_uNlkvC71tYk5L5O61M!/230_park/helmsley_building/archive

6 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

13 Likes