NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,388 FT | 70 FLOORS

It’s like the Hancock in Chicago with the Flatiron Building on top of it.

1 Like

This is all very helpful! Thank you! For some reason, it felt like the time between the first trading floor and the setback was half the time :sweat_smile: That puts things in a much better perspective (as it’s clear now we’ll be lucky to see it get to the halfway point before 2023)

2 Likes

@the726 so I’ve heard lol. Thanks everyone. :+1:

We have lift off again, for the cranes and steel! The column splices seem to reach the 2nd level of the next mech floor.

11 Likes

Helmsley building is saying: “Who dis?” -

6 Likes

This will be an absolute gem street level. I wish architects put in as much thought on the base as they do for the rest of the building. Buildings like this are truly what make New York the Mecca.

2 Likes

270 Park will be like: “Hello, I’ll be your future neighbor next door. Don’t mind me I’m just growing steadily.”

2 Likes

And across the street, 277 Park looks on, wondering if this will be the reincarnation of his partner (the former 270 Park), or someone totally new.

2 Likes

277 Park: “Who are you?”
270 Park: “It’s me, your partner, but better and much taller than before”

5 Likes

The opinions of users of the Yimby site are different from here from the forum. I see people commenting that the design of 270 Park is bad. They have very strange opinions. Here on the forum we have several likes, but when a project is good, everyone likes it.

3 Likes

I almost never look at the article comments anymore, because (not withstanding David : Sent From Heaven’s comments) almost none of them ever make any sense.

9 Likes

Not to mention David in Bushwick

You should see how many spam comments we gotta filter for Florida YIMBY. 150 today alone. Lol

8 Likes

It’s the same energy as conspiracy theorists where they initially act morally superior but then you start to realize there’s something wrong with every sentence they’re saying

example

4 Likes

the people in the comment sections are total freaks.

1 Like

A little off topic here, but for 175 Park Avenue it’s a lot worse on Instagram

It’s because of The Chrysler and GC. But it doesn’t matter, it’s getting built whether they like it or not

1 Like

The one and only time I wrote an article comment it was almost immediately removed. Maybe it wasn’t crazy enough for them. Seems as though David: Sent From Heaven is on the staff.

1 Like

I think David: Sent From Heaven is a comment bot that generates words and sentences from the articles and makes the comment sound intelligible.

As it pertains to this building, all 4 cranes have now made the jump, the cranes will probably be jumping more frequently now that the columns will be reaching 3 stories now some possibly even 4. I also believe that once this tier is done they are transitioning to 2 cranes.

7 Likes

14 Likes

I like 270 better than most, but I am very much against glass walls. I even wish 270 wasn’t a glass wall building. I agree with the streetscape part of that comment you quoted. Streetscapes are the most important aspect of every city (not height)

1 Like