NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

3 Likes

Yet One Vanderbilt will forever be taller by 13 feet…

1 Like

Sure thing!

2 Likes

270 will dominate this area for about ≈ 2 years. By then 175 will have risen enough.

Both of these are so massive.

4 Likes

Its exciting what’s happening on this side of midtown, I wish downtown Manhattan would experience a sort of renaissance like this. The city needs to keep building and build big. Quintessential New York.

4 Likes

I strongly suspect we’ll see tabletop construction like this at 175 Park Ave. as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/ChASKPpOhtN/

5 Likes

It will resemble something similar by how it’s supported on “stilts” but won’t really have the same engineering of the structure as the tabletop.

2 Likes

175 Park might definitely have an all steel structure. It’s obvious that 350 Park will have a concrete core rise first, then the steel

2 Likes

I think 175 has a concrete core as well.

4 Likes

the building has 250 percent more public realm space. So it’s got big, double-wide sidewalks on 47th and 48th street. It has a really large public park on Madison Avenue with water features. We’re going to commission artwork, plantings, etc. It will be a great refuge for people in the neighborhood.

On the Park Avenue side, we have a big plaza, a la, say, Seagram’s plaza. That makes you feel great about the neighborhood. We respected the urban context and our neighbors. And it is one of the few buildings where you can see from Park Avenue through to Madison Avenue, from one side through to the other. The building is built to be transparent at the base.

9 Likes

This tower is a gift to NY!!

2 Likes

From GertElim on SSP:

7 Likes

That’s actually questionable, though definitely possible (by way of structural engineering methods that 35 Hudson Yards used), depending on “where” the concrete core would start, it would block a large portion of the 42nd-GC Subway station. And no such presentations involving 175 Park Avenue ever shows a core or core structure interfering with the subway levels. So it’s quite possible that it could also be a steel core or awkward situation as this building. But we could both be correct because if it does have a concrete core, it will be steel reinforced.

As it pertains to this project, the first beams for the setback floor were installed yesterday, and the fireproofing has gone up another floor. It looks like the cranes are preparing to raise the north/south safety cocoons, where it will be difficult to make out the setbacks until they are readjusted to the next tier.

2 Likes

Some more beams of the setback went up this afternoon a few hours ago on the West side of the building.

10 Likes

270 Park dominating Vanderbilt Avenue-- I hope I’ve captured the scale of the lobby!

Photo thanks to @rbrome

37 Likes

Nice job!! This building is massive dominating the area! :smiley::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I like the claustrophobic feeling around this area.

5 Likes

Impressive! (The rendering and the building!)

3 Likes

Xing,

Can you add 175 Park?

2 Likes

This is a rough addition, but it gets the point across.

5 Likes