NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

7 Likes

OK guys, calm down :rofl:

7 Likes

Dimonā€™s Palace is coming along very nicely. Just keep in mind this is the second of many massive supertalls that will be going up in the Midtown East corridor.

Only in NY!

4 Likes

Photos taken 8/2

21 Likes

I donā€™t want to get hopes up, but I believe faƧade installation is extremely near now, what appears to (most likely) be faƧade clips are being installed on the tabletop floor.

Itā€™s quite possible that once the fireproofing rises another floor and/or we see clips being installed on the 2nd trade floor that cladding should follow imminently. I guess our first preview of the cladding wonā€™t be through a mock-up but the actual product.

7 Likes

Youā€™re not wrong at all, itā€™s definitely coming close unless there is some sort of supply chain issue, which I imagine a project this high budget will not run into. They usually clad very quickly after fireproofing, because it speeds up the time to begin interior work which takes a while

4 Likes

expect bracing along the steel columns before any glass. That needs to go first, then the curtainwall can be installed from the bottom up.

2 Likes

Iā€™d love to be able to go see the construction (and possibly climb once topped out) but with school, then San Diego thereā€™s no way.

As for the glass, I canā€™t wait to see how it looks, even just on the base.
Man this thing is just so freaking massive, and itā€™s just getting started

2 Likes

For some reason I donā€™t expect to see secondary support structure added to the columns for their cladding covers, itā€™s probable that they will be simple unitized panels that just attach to clips around the columns similar to what happened at 50 Hudson Yards and a better example being 3 WTC. If it were a different material (like stone or something heavy) Iā€™d more expect to see secondary structure added like on the podium of 601 W 29th St.

But thatā€™s just speculation at the moment, I donā€™t doubt that the column caps will be unitized panels though.

7 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to seeing street level photos from a distance, so you can get an idea of its size without forced perspective. The up close photos are great, but Iā€™m ready for the longer shots.

3 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

Rendering by @ThreeWentDown

23 Likes

Bear Sterns used to look so big -

7 Likes

I was just down there today and really impressed by how massive this already looks/feels when standing in front of One Vanderbilt. This building is really going to dominate the neighborhood, which is really saying something.

I was also impressed by how open it feels down at street level. This lobby is going to be amazing.

30 Likes

Looks like first set back has officially been reached

6 Likes

Yes, steel for it was installed on the 27th of last month, the 17th floor went up very quickly, so beam installation and decking for the 18th floor (setback floor) should begin this week, and we will be able to better see the geometry of the setback.

Once the construction goes vertical again the safety cocoon will eventually need to be reconfigured to conform to the new size of the floors and then we will be able to clearly see the setbacks from their current obscured like view.

11 Likes

Your input is fantastic.

Do you have any knowledge about the water features on the plaza on the Madison Ave side?

3 Likes

Unfortunately I do not beyond any information that Matthew_Vansickle has provided about there being a water feature, but is there anything about them in particular that you are looking for information about?

I suspect any water feature, if they are in fact integrated as water wall on the Madison Ave side of the lobby, will have very low water output as they would be 2-3 times taller than the Paley Park waterwall, and would otherwise, due to wind, cause water to spray everywhere as occurs at the 9/11 memorial, which being considered, is ā€œbelowā€ grade.

3 Likes

Thanks, man. Your knowledge about this project is very helpful.

3 Likes

@rbrome , could I ask your permission to edit a rendering of the full tower into this photo? Itā€™s an amazing angle of 270 Park!

11 Likes