NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

Probably from some time ago (no setback yet), screenshot from New York City, USA 🇺🇸 | Explore | Travel on Instagram: "What coming home to NYC feels like..❤️ Credits: @jricevuto via Tiktok . . . #nyc #newyork #newyorker #nycarchitecture"

6 Likes

Yea, I shared that post on here like a month or two ago

15 Likes

Live, from the Financial Capital of the World

7 Likes

This will definitely pop out from a lot of views in the next two months

3 Likes

“There was a huge interruption to the construction of the concourse thanks to the construction of the new JP Morgan bank building on Park Ave. JP Morgan paid huge money to tear up completed work in order to build that building’s foundation. They’re also getting direct access to the northernmost “node”.”

“I also forgot to mention that he doesn’t believe that they’ll use all four elevator banks when they open. He thinks that they won’t turn on the one nearest to the new JP Morgan tower until that tower is occupied. That tower is going to have 12,000+ workers.”

3 Likes

Lots of new steel today and they moved the east portion of the safety cocoon into it’s new position from the setback, which is now perfectly visible.

16 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ci_F4Clrlww/?next=%2Fnyonair%2F

16 Likes

Nice view, gives us a look at where the shafts/core in the building are (indicated by the darker colored temporary metal decking). The perspective of the image just makes the floor look more square than rectangular like it is.

Over 50& of that image will be blocked once the tower rises past 383 Madison, though with the normal eye it will not fill in the peripherals that much at all.

5 Likes

25 Likes

It would be nice if JPMC finally posts images of the park on Madison.

1 Like

Oh yea, this should totally be popping out from Hoboken now. No doubt the tower cranes can be seen from there

5 Likes

Nice @5Bfilms, facade clips have now been installed on the 2nd office floor, cladding should be going on soon.

9 Likes

Good catch

1 Like

I could swear those have been there for a couple of weeks already but I would have to go back and look at some earlier images to double check. Either way though, soon.

2 Likes

Haha, no need to! I already checked against your other latest update post of photos! I had also thought that the actual facade clips were already installed but they are actually just the “seats” that the façade clips are being fastened to. I didn’t think they were the façade clips because they weren’t projecting out from the slab like the ones on your latest images show.

4 Likes

Ah, gotcha. My last big post was from the 15th but I’ve definitely been back and since and thought I recalled seeing those cleats, but as you say it may have just been the anchors. I take a lot more photos than I actually post for sure. The shots from yesterday were taken w/clients and colleagues in tow so they weren’t exactly the most well composed lol.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s hard to tell from the earthcam view because we can see all the anchor embeds in the slabs, but it’s hard to discern what is an anchor and what is the actual clip, the camera would have to be like 8K quality to see the difference, but your update has confirmed now that the clips are starting to be installed past the tabletop floor.

I mean for being with company, those shots are still damn good!

1 Like

Is it considered bad form to keep 4 people waiting on a corner after a long work day? I mean it was another 10-15 minutes before our reservation. Maybe I should have gone for that lens change

3 Likes

I thought I recalled seeing something more substantial a few weeks ago but after looking through my catalogue apparently not.

@TKDV…can you describe the sundry parts used to anchor and attach a facade panel to a typical floor slab? From my 08/23 photo I see what appears to be a thin metal (L? C?) bracket on the slab. Would that be followed by a cleat on the floor which gets attached to a clip the backside of the facade?

4 Likes