NEW YORK | 270 Park Ave | 1,389 FT | 70 FLOORS

Good lord, it’s already making 383 Madison look tiny.

4 Likes

Well like in that plane shot screenshot you shared, i’d imagine only the tops of the booms would be visible from certain angles, they are still mostly hidden behind some of the builkier buildings from various directions.

Well at 755’ it’s not really that tall, but considering that the bottom portion of this building is 2 times the width of 383 Madison Ave’s longer width, then yes, it’s absolutely tiny.

4 Likes

That’s what I mean. 383 isn’t that tall, but it is relatively thick. I’ve always thought it was imposing to walk past… but compared to 270, it’s practically scrawny.

2 Likes

270 Park 3 years and 1 day ago, shrouded in scaffolding

8 Likes

I agree! And it’s not even halfway the intended height yet :smiley:

1 Like

16 Likes

That picture nicely shows the odd arrangement of floors and the skylight that make up the Park Avenue atrium.

2 Likes

After seeing MarshallKnight’s comment, I thought it’d be interesting for people to see the size difference between 383 Madison Ave and 270 Park Ave singled out from the rest of their context.

(They are positioned in their real world relation to one another)

30 Likes

Thanks TKDV, I had no idea which building 383 is.

1 Like

Nice work, TKDV.

3 Likes

Building at right had Wheaties. :smile:

2 Likes

It’s roughly 30-40% of its final height and it’s already so imposing and impactful compared to surrounding buildings! I’m guessing it’ll reach the next setback by the end of November or early December with the rate it’s going :star_struck:

3 Likes

Even though the floor plates are slightly smaller now, it definitely won’t reach the next setback until long after the New Year, possibly in February. Also 30% the height is closer.

The actual start of the office floors to this setback (15 floors with 2 being a part of the mechanical/outrigger level) took approx. 8 months, the M/O levels took a full month to complete, that is the rate. There are 21 floors in the next portion of the building with 3 being M/O levels. Weather will start to affect the pace of construction. The building should be around the 2nd (3rd level) M/O area by the end of the year which is about 2/3rd the way of the 2nd tier.

7 Likes

Instead of speaking my normal date jargon (which is actually at times very difficult to understand and visualize) I decided to make a visualization of the timeline of the building from when the first node was installed at grade for the fan columns to it’s current progress so that everyone understands the pace of construction as it has occurred. The dates are based on when the first beams for each floor were installed, not the columns.

26 Likes

You know your stuff, TDVk. Are you an architect, an engineer, or a construction worker?

3 Likes

I just have 3 Architecture degrees, I’m currently looking for a job, but getting an architect license is the goal.

15 Likes

You know your stuff.

Good luck!

6 Likes

Those ARE exams are fun lol. Good luck! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I must say I understood and learned a lot of your jargon about modern skyscraper construction as a private historian.

Good luck

7 Likes

It’s like the Hancock in Chicago with the Flatiron Building on top of it.

1 Like