NEW YORK | 200 Greenwich St (2WTC) | 1,348 FT | 88 FLOORS | ON HOLD

I agree. The BIG design should still be built somewhere in downtown.

It does look like the Willis Tower, so it should be 100 ft taller roof height and make it taller than the Willis Tower, too.

:heart_eyes:

8 Likes

lol you are funny

This shows the reason why this building should be much taller!

1850 ft roof height. Now that’s iconic!

11 Likes

I say make it 3,000 feet tall. A new tallest in the world.

This is America! New York!

2 Likes

This diagram is super useful thanks for this.

I wonder if this might maintain the spiral master plan better if the setbacks on either side of the fin thing were flipped, so that the higher one leaned towards tower 1?

Altogether it’s not that bad the more I look at it, I wish it was a little taller because the fin doesn’t really project height very well from the north-south axis.

One of the reasons this diagram is helpful is it shows how this tower is a little thicker than 1WTC from N/S which will affect the balance of the skyline

1 Like

Am I in the minority for hating the BIG design? This one is pretty inoffensive, just seems kind of frustrating that it’s virtually the same height as 1WTC. Feels like if it’s not going to be significantly taller than 1WTC, it should be somewhat shorter. In relation to the whole site, the view from the east (Brooklyn) has always been disappointing with all of these proposals.

7 Likes

I just want to know who took the photos of the leak, maybe they can give us more details and photos?? @YIMBY. I prefer the diamond design and then this design. Maybe my mind will change when we see more renderings and details.

2 Likes

I hated the BIG design as well, I’m glad it was trashed.

3 Likes

considering its the same design architect and architect on record as 270 Park the tipster is likely the same person associated with one of these companies who also leaked the model of 270 Park. Don’t expect any more information about the person, they would get in trouble for this. Although good on them considering JPMorgan Chase and Foster/AAI have not published a rendering at 270 Park even as construction is underway after demolishing an arguably historically significant skyscraper and disrupting traffic on nearby streets. 2 WTC is a different case though since any renderings or models are involved in private negotiations with companies interested in anchoring the tower.
So tl;dr don’t ask for anything else from the party who leaked this.

3 Likes

Could it be possible (and am I perhaps naive in hoping) that this model is just one of multiple potential proposals? How certain can we be that this will be the specific design they move forward with?

2 Likes

They wouldn’t build a fully functioning model for just variation of a working design. Those would be mocked up in renderings and maybe a small sample wall of facade treatments.

2 Likes

I agree, those models are very expensive. Some have been known to cost 1 million $. As for the BIG design I also am very happy it ended up in the trash can.

5 Likes

My very rough photoshop job approximating how it might look from the north:

new2wtc

11 Likes

Your work is nice, but this building SUCKS!!!

Thank God that we averted a total disaster like this at 270 Park.

4 Likes

The fin makes absolutely no sense to me. It almost looks like it’s competing with 1 WTC’s spire for attention, and feels like a cheap attempt to achieve a certain height. Under these circumstances, I think 3 WTC should be given her 4 antennas back now, it’s only fair.

6 Likes

This beast is an abomination that would require an exorcism by the Pope himself.

2 Likes

I think it would be marginally less bad if the fin went east west instead of north south. It’s very awkward at this angle

Uninspired at best.

2 Likes