NEW YORK | 200 Greenwich St (2WTC) | 1,348 FT | 88 FLOORS | ON HOLD

This render is more refined.

6 Likes

@rgarri4 You think you can put this model in your renderings? I need to see more details and how this would look like not only at the WTC , but the skyline in general.

4 Likes

Ill get more detailed once the renderings are out but here’s a rough go at it.

26 Likes

Love it.

Does it remind anyone else of Sears Tower?

Beautiful renderings. But I’m not crazy about the crown of this design. It doesn’t seem as tall as the diamonds version.

4 Likes

None of these buildings hold a candle to the original Twin Towers. The current buildings all look helter skelter, no cohesion between each of these buildings at all apart from blue glass, and the form factor! My god, the form factor is horrendous! There is a reason the Twin Towers look better in renderings. If I had some billions lying around, I would certainly buy up those certain two acres.

3 Likes

Could you please post the angle looking south from the Empire State Building? From this angle, the pinnacle on 2 WTC should look like a spire.

5 Likes

I’m not a fan yet.

2 Likes

This thing will terminate Fifth Ave. Pretty lousy if it looks like that.

2 Likes

What the hell is that Foster

2 Likes

Thanks, I hate it.

4 Likes

“I actually think they’re going to avoid doing a big staircase. I think we’re gonna see the tower with that coffin shape leading up to terraces rather than stepping up to it. I don’t want to see it but I feel like it’s gonna have a flat roof, after all this is another redesign to suit tenants by 2025 or after. I think the podium that Foster presented on the Church street side with the 2006 design could now be extended to the top, or near it”

My reply August 2020

They seemed to have followed through with this

1 Like

And this definitely looks 1,368 feet tall…unless they’re doing 1,362 feet like the south tower of the original twins

16 Likes

I loved BIG’s tower. This is just lame.

I had feared that Foster would have saddled us with something lame like this at 270 Park. Fortunately, for once, he delivered there. It’s also fortunate thst this ode to the mundane will never rise. I don’t envision companies lining up for any massive block of space downtown.

5 Likes

ezgif-1-68ea02f5b439

11 Likes

I like this tower. It reminds me of Sears Tower.

That said, I agree with you in that a tenant of that size downtown seems unlikely when there’s so much competition on the West Side and in Midtown.

Unfortunately Larry is in his 90s now. Father time is undefeated, so I wonder what his son has planned for this site. That is probably the most important thing.

2 Likes

It’s better than the original Foster, but worse than the BIG. But I’ll take it, as it heals the Lower Manhattan skyline. Downtown desperately needs some version of the “twins” and the BIG design delivered, as does this one. The original Foster had no semblance of twins and was stuck in the 1990’s.

You mean the stacked boxes design? That design sucked. Well it sucked for this specific spot. I don’t think the design itself was that bad.

3 Likes