NEW YORK | 200 Greenwich St (2WTC) | 1,348 FT | 88 FLOORS | ON HOLD

Well whatever. Maybe they’ll have a bar or restaurant on top that we can go to.

1 Like

Who knows if this is even the final design and I’d take this 1000x over the BIG monstrosity we came close to receiving. Maybe we’ll be pleasantly surprised when official renders are released.

5 Likes

This design is a hit or miss, renderings could make this one of the best towers currently proposed in NYC. Since it’s just a model rn, it isn’t substantial enough to get a final opinion. I just really hope that with the extra floor height, Windows on the World will make its grand return

It definitely looks like there’s some amenity space in the crown, but it’s probably reserved for the tenants. I really hope that’s not the final design for the crown, it looks totally disjointed. It’s frustrating–Foster & Partners seems to realize that a good tall building needs a decorative crown. But they can’t pull off a good-looking one. The fins on top of 2 WTC 3.0, the poles stuck on top of 350 Park, the Wolverine claws on 425, and the thick mast on Comcast Tech look clumsy to me.

3 Likes

Would love to have another Windows on the World. Also would love to have another observation deck like on the original Twins, which I think are still currently unmatched. Though that won’t happen on this design.

This render is more refined.

6 Likes

@rgarri4 You think you can put this model in your renderings? I need to see more details and how this would look like not only at the WTC , but the skyline in general.

4 Likes

Ill get more detailed once the renderings are out but here’s a rough go at it.

26 Likes

Love it.

Does it remind anyone else of Sears Tower?

Beautiful renderings. But I’m not crazy about the crown of this design. It doesn’t seem as tall as the diamonds version.

4 Likes

None of these buildings hold a candle to the original Twin Towers. The current buildings all look helter skelter, no cohesion between each of these buildings at all apart from blue glass, and the form factor! My god, the form factor is horrendous! There is a reason the Twin Towers look better in renderings. If I had some billions lying around, I would certainly buy up those certain two acres.

3 Likes

Could you please post the angle looking south from the Empire State Building? From this angle, the pinnacle on 2 WTC should look like a spire.

5 Likes

I’m not a fan yet.

2 Likes

This thing will terminate Fifth Ave. Pretty lousy if it looks like that.

2 Likes

What the hell is that Foster

2 Likes

Thanks, I hate it.

4 Likes

“I actually think they’re going to avoid doing a big staircase. I think we’re gonna see the tower with that coffin shape leading up to terraces rather than stepping up to it. I don’t want to see it but I feel like it’s gonna have a flat roof, after all this is another redesign to suit tenants by 2025 or after. I think the podium that Foster presented on the Church street side with the 2006 design could now be extended to the top, or near it”

My reply August 2020

They seemed to have followed through with this

1 Like

And this definitely looks 1,368 feet tall…unless they’re doing 1,362 feet like the south tower of the original twins

16 Likes