NEW YORK | 1841 Broadway | 298 FT | 27 FLOORS

Looks like it’s topped out. Damn, this one is disappointingly short given the location. Big missed opportunity. I suppose they didn’t have any more air rights, but I sure wish they had.

3 Likes

Plus the lot isn’t that big. I’m assuming they did the setback because of FAR.

1 Like

This building is ridiculous, given the context. Should be 3x as tall, at minimum. The block should be in context with the adjacent former Time Warner Center. Instead, it looks like a random condo in Flushing. Mayor Adams, please push back against the NIMBYs and horribly outdated zoning.

1 Like

4 Likes

12 Likes

Not bad! :+1:

3 Likes

Saw it in person, it has good quality materials, windows look high end

4 Likes

I agree.

This is very nice.

10 Likes

This one rates as a “very cool looking” building. The delicate balance between Art & Commodity has come into focus for me; the public wants to see ART and the business minded developer wants a ‘commodity’ that will maximize return-on-investment.

I admire those developers who build ‘attractive buildings’ like this; they have taken the time, effort and ingenuity to strike a balance between Art/Commodity.

If I were a developer, I would build boxy, simple, strictly ‘utilitarian’ buildings - lego like structures that are fast & cheep to construct: thus maximizing my profit margin. :sweat_smile:

Kidding; but it sure would be tempting - so credit is due here for this very “cool looking” building.

It will fit in nicely within the other fine works of modernist architecture in the immediate vicinity.

7 Likes

Crappy phone pics >> showing the window finishes

9 Likes
2 Likes

I think this is going to be a beautiful building.

I hope that this garbage next door comes down soon too.

1 Like

11 Likes

Nice building. However I’ll forever dislike how this wasn’t built at least double the size of what it currently stands. Should be taller.

3 Likes

Oh is this the tiny one on Columbus Circle?

Yes… and it annoys me for some reason. It’s like a half done skyscraper. At least it’s small enough for it to be demolished and rebuilt as a supertall 100 years from now.

1 Like

here’s hoping it’s closer to 40 years

1 Like

There is always a lively street scene near this building. I is interesting to view the Architecture in the context of the street scape & pedestrian activity. This photo taken a few weeks ago; and this one looks good even half built.

1 Like