NEW YORK | 175 Park Avenue (Grand Hyatt) | 1,575 FT | 85 FLOORS

Didn’t the Blockhead get cancelled?

8 Likes

I hope so.

7 Likes

It’s become really annoying. At this point I just ignore his posts and skip on to the next.

I was talking about a building, not a person.

3 Likes

:joy:

But anyways, Tower Fifth hasn’t been cancelled, if anything it’s just on hold or is now a stale proposal. Macklowe has not been able to secure all of the parcels/lots that make up the tower’s assemblage.

As it pertains to renders, if a modeler shares their work on another forum and not necessarily this one (in this case Xing shared renders to SSC), we should let them decide if they want to post them here and not just unilaterally post them for likes. Some of the renders had already been posted here by Xing. Especially when they contain multiple projects, that is why Xing mentioned himself that he would be posting more of his renders to his own thread.

4 Likes

Oops!

3 Likes

9 Likes

Per: microscape on Instagram: "NYC model 09-F is now available with a representation of the future 175 Park Avenue, slated to be a 1600 foot tall, 83-story tower with a projected completion date toward the end of this decade. As this building is a long way from completion, a lot can still happen to its design. Our model is based on publicly available information and will likely be out of date soon (if it isn't already...) But for those curious about what this tower (and the new J.P. Morgan Chase monster rising a few blocks north at 270 Park Ave -- available on a new version of model NYC 10-F -- will do to Manhattan's skyline, it may be of interest. #architecturelovers #traveltheworld #3dmap #walldecor #interiørdesign #wallartdecor #objectdesign #nycart #interiordecorating #3dcitymodel #walldécoration #collectibledesign #architecturalmodel #microscape #citymap #3dprintedart #urbanart #3dcity #3dprinting #3dPrinted #wallart #walldecoration #interiordesignideas #interiordesign #nycarchitecture #theb1m #chryslerbuilding #supertall #skyscrapercity #SOM"

17 Likes

I just realized it’s going to have a little sister. What’s that building on the left with the white lattice work?

9 Likes

That is 30 East 31st Street. 479 feet tall.

4 Likes

Thanks.

2 Likes

Just more proof NYC is becoming Coruscant

6 Likes

You forced me to go to the dictionary w/that one

3 Likes

A little off topic, but it’s funny how that particular building is almost as tall as the tallest structure (red and white smokestack) in my hometown (Bridgeport, CT).

3 Likes

DuckDuckGo for me.

1 Like

Sadly, Rechler is probably referring to 175 Park:

“It’s almost impossible to get a loan on a high-quality office building today,” Scott Rechler, chairman and chief executive of New York-based developer RXR Realty, told a packed room of nearly 500 at the conference. Every building has “been painted with the same brush. … No one wants to go to their credit committee or their investment committee and talk about an office building. … Where you’re seeing the cracks isn’t necessarily the quality of the buildings. It’s the capital structures that are on those buildings.”

New York’s Office Vacancy Rate Hits Record High as Troubling Signs Stack Up

3 Likes

It’s no big deal. It may be slightly delayed. The elite firms that would fill this building are not going to remote work. Further, many firms seek space.

5 Likes

This may take a few years to play out. He’s right that no bank (or any other financial institution) wants to finance an office development project right now. Once the capital markets straighten out this shouldn’t that much of an issue.

2 Likes

Taken last Saturday

4 Likes