NEW YORK | 175 Park Avenue (Grand Hyatt) | 1,575 FT | 85 FLOORS

Keeping the render to myself, 175 Park Avenue isn’t visible in the frame and just under half of 270 Park Avenue, it’s not worth posting/editing.

5 Likes

I would bet that this tower goes up before almost any other major tower (such as 15 Penn, 3 Hudson Blvd, 2 WTC, etc.)
This tower is going to have a sizable luxury hotel which would easily pull in big bucks, in addition the trophy office market is still doing well with the financial industry (which is the primary tenant in Midtown East). Expect a similar tenant profile as One V, a lot of hedge funds and private equity. These guys are not looking for millions of square feet but collectively it adds up. And they are not pursuing layoffs like Big Tech is.

Awesome job!! :grinning:

2 Likes

Do you think that the crown will be open metal lattice work or will the lattice overlay a glass enclosed crown?

1 Like

I believe it will be both, glass extends into the crown area from where it stops after the last floor before the lattice starts. Once it starts to criss cross and overlay, a series of dense louvers start to slowly become transparent and more open/spaced out moving up the crown. But generally and overall, it will be mostly open air.

That detail is lost in the render (due to the image size).

4 Likes

NY has gotten so many amazing buildings in the last 15-20 years, but this will be the showstopper!!!

2 Likes

:nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Lol, I was a little surprised when I saw that number. Still a beast though.

Very nice model :+1:

I agree with tall, this is the new icon of New York Skyscrapers.

2 Likes

Wait when did we officially lose another 20 feet? :weary:

Also awesome renderings @TKDV. I especially love the second one with all those icons lined up.

3 Likes

Lol, I wouldn’t say it’s official, it’s just an average of how the building has “been” being depicted in all renders (it varies between as low as 1530’ to 1570’) but none of them were ever depicted as 1646’ (at that time) nor 1575’ because that is just the maximum building height and not necessarily the physical building height. Also, thanks,:+1:

@mcart Lol, I understand your sentiment, but 20’ wouldn’t make that much difference to the renders, only adding about 1-1.5 floors in height.

3 Likes

I’m just disappointed is all. This is one of the best proposals in the city’s history, and being announced at 500 M was amazing. (Especially with the ban in China)

To then only be 5’ taller than Central Park Tower (even if it’s just the average).

4 Likes

At the NYU Shack capital markets conference, Scott Rechler spoke about 175 Park. He reiterated that it would be “tallest commercial building in the Western Hemisphere”, probably referring to roof height. He called it a 1,500ft tower but I wouldn’t read that much into that.

What stood out are the hints he made about leasing activity at the tower. He said he is getting “2-3 large companies” looking at the project every week and that he has had serious inquiries for anywhere between 700,000 - 2,000,000 SF.

Fingers crossed.

9 Likes

Fantastic!

This seems guaranteed to rise. I hope that 350 Park does too.

1 Like

The Grand Hyatt is almost certainly unprofitable now that the tax break is expired. If the expected recession doesn’t show up by next Spring I bet just 20% office/400K sf lease will get this going.

Its essentially the same size as new Chase building but taller since not much of a base, 2.5M sf!

3 Likes
4 Likes

I saw an Instagram story of this and holy shit the comments were viciously against this project. hahah

3 Likes

They’ll get over it. People hated the Chrysler when it was first built too

4 Likes

That was exactly my comment. The skyscrapers of the the 20s and 30s towered over their neighbors and stood out like crazy but eventually fit right it. This is just the next generation of that.

6 Likes

There’s also various comments being made about sightlines when NYC wasn’t built with sightlines in mind to begin with. There’s only 2 buildings that have a clear direct sightline due to Park Ave and thats GCT and the Helmsley Building.

But I agree, there’s a certain level of misinformation and understanding in the comments that is astounding.

5 Likes