NEW YORK | The Greenwich (125 Greenwich St) | 912 FT | 72 FLOORS

This tower just looks goofy. It looks like someone opened a picture of a prison in MS Paint, stretched it vertically as much as possible and scribbled blue over it with the brush. Looking back I don’t think there was any way this tower could come out that could be satisfying to me with that design or anything similar.

3 Likes

Sure, the exposed concrete is ugly, but I love it’s funky shape. Bring on the curves!!

7 Likes

You gotta admit, Vinoly put more thought into this towers design than 432 Park

4 Likes

I like this one a lot because Vinoly made good use of the concrete he had (virtually) no choice to expose.

Postmodern structural expressionism…with nice glass.

4 Likes

In the photos in this article, you can see cladding being installed on the base. Definitely and finally moving forward now

7 Likes

I have also noticed interior build-out going on. Hopefully the hoist goes down soon and this thing wraps up for good!

3 Likes

New York December 2019 by Cesar Pics, on Flickr

8 Likes

They were working on the base today when I walked by

4 Likes

Taken 1.12.20:

11 Likes

Podium work:

13 Likes

I guess due to its lack luster design, 125 Greenwich has evolved to have camouflage abilities, as to blend into the environment. Somewhat confuses the eye in this pic. Just looks odd, with that blank wall.

Credit: gigi.nyc

9 Likes

I agree. It’s hideous from that angle. Ruins the view of 4 WTC.

6 Likes

Taken 1.26.20:

14 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8Wo4lin57q/?igshid=1tcnrgo0p3v1b

12 Likes

Tec

15 Likes

I wonder why these Vera Wangs didn’t put some sort of covering on the concrete. The tower would’ve looked really nice if they had.

6 Likes

You already know and it has to do with cost.

6 Likes

Doesn’t exposed concrete get weathered over time with moisture stains? Not expecting this to age well.

5 Likes

The developers — Howard Lorber’s New Valley, Davide Bizzi’s Bizzi & Partners, the Carlton Group and China Cindat — defaulted on the loan as the market for high-end apartments in New York began to weaken. A group of lenders including United Overseas Bank filed to foreclose on the project last year, but BH3 ended up buying the loan for about $125 million in July.

BH3 co-founder Daniel Lebensohn told the Journal he “would not expect” Fortress to slow down the foreclosure process on the tower.

5 Likes

Thank god. Stabilize this thing PLEASE…

2 Likes