NEW YORK | 125 Greenwich St | 912 FT | 72 FLOORS

Is this complete? Did they forget to put some panels at the top? Or is that supposed to be like that?

2 Likes

The top looks like a Nazi pillbox bunker.

4 Likes

I take it back, I like the old building more again. It looked nice and promising back when the glass and concrete were first shown to the world but now the nearly-finished product is very dull and unattractive to me.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3zkJMlHcGF/?igshid=1gncgp8qer2f9

9 Likes

Taken 10.19.19:

11 Likes

Structural concrete slabs can be sanded and polished to get a smooth surface and grey mottled pattern : very nice looking modernest aesthetic. This type of finished raw concrete would look great against the glass and metal panels. This is most likely a time/money allocation that is not in the budget: so something like this would get the VE ax.

3 Likes

11.9.19:

15 Likes

14 Likes

This tower looks lousy with the concrete crown. It would have been really nice if the band of concrete on the south facade and the crown were clad in glass or metal.

2 Likes

This tower is just ugly and bland all around…and on a never ending hold🙄

2 Likes

This tower just looks goofy. It looks like someone opened a picture of a prison in MS Paint, stretched it vertically as much as possible and scribbled blue over it with the brush. Looking back I don’t think there was any way this tower could come out that could be satisfying to me with that design or anything similar.

3 Likes

Sure, the exposed concrete is ugly, but I love it’s funky shape. Bring on the curves!!

7 Likes

You gotta admit, Vinoly put more thought into this towers design than 432 Park

4 Likes

I like this one a lot because Vinoly made good use of the concrete he had (virtually) no choice to expose.

Postmodern structural expressionism…with nice glass.

4 Likes

In the photos in this article, you can see cladding being installed on the base. Definitely and finally moving forward now

7 Likes

I have also noticed interior build-out going on. Hopefully the hoist goes down soon and this thing wraps up for good!

3 Likes

New York December 2019 by Cesar Pics, on Flickr

8 Likes

They were working on the base today when I walked by

4 Likes

Taken 1.12.20:

11 Likes

Podium work:

13 Likes