NEW YORK | 115 Nassau St (5 Beekman) | 687 FT | 47 FLOORS

has anyone been around the other side of this tower? I haven’t been downtown in awhile but looking at the WTC earthcam it looks like they did some facade work on the blank wall. Looks like they added some of those cross bracings and a sort of grid which makes it look more in line with the rest of the tower. Still concrete, though.

4 Likes

Oh interesting. I hadn’t noticed yet, but yes, that’s definitely new.

Before and after:

5 Likes

That’s the equivalent of the zebra stripe effort on Maiden Lane :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ugh. I just confirmed that’s nothing but paint. It’s not a bad design, it’s just poorly done.

5 Likes

horrifying

4 Likes

It’s ok, at least when the other park row towers rise, it will hide this tower…

a bit.

2 Likes

5 Likes

It should be largely obscured by 23 Park Row.

1 Like

Now they’re installing the wall panels on the very top mechanical floors, and they’re not what I was expecting. I thought they were going to be the same perforated screen as the other mechanical floors, but apparently they’re some kind of translucent panels with a design printed on them. (Perhaps silkscreened glass?)

I see zero consistency with the rest of the building. I think this makes the building look even more chaotic. I don’t understand.

5 Likes

This isn’t Verre, but I think it’s decent filler.

5 Likes

This tower I feel isn’t photogenic. In person, under the right lighting conditions and angle, looks somewhat okay from the ground, but for some reason, its not camera friendly.

5 Likes

https://instagram.com/p/BLb9Y4Lj-Bo/
@livejn

4 Likes

I agree, Chris.

1 Like

6 Likes

This building is heinous and taking forever to complete.

4 Likes

The construction elevator is coming down. If you look closely at the photo, you can see them lowering sections of elevator truss on top of one of the elevators.

7 Likes

3/17

5 Likes

The construction elevator is quickly being replaced with glazing.

10 Likes

This thing is just Hideous. Thank God it’s not on the water and can eventually be obscured by other, taller buildings.

3 Likes