1 Like

Still a hole in the ground.

1 Like

Thanks, Alemel

1 Like

8 Likes
6 Likes

12 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CzNDBUpM2B-/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA%3D%3D&img_index=4

2 Likes

Photo by Michael Young

9 Likes

The ugly concrete wall will be covered later? I hope so.
Why do many skyscrapers in New York have a concrete wall on one side?

Wall is on the lot line so a building could be built next door to a similar height. Window openings would just be covered up much to the annoyance of occupants. So it may be better to build a blank wall and put core up against it and/or if they have the money put fake panels up to reduce ugliness. The better buildings do not leave the cement walls uncovered. If any possible building next door is not allowed by zoning to be the same height windows can start at some level. That does happen at times.

2 Likes

Who is Boton?

1 Like

Who is Boton? Apparently my autocorrect (German English) was faster than me, that actually happens very rarely. Beton is the German word for concrete in English.

Apparently I am and was too busy with my inventory today and just wanted to distract myself for a moment. Counting postcards and old photos of New York, Philadelphia, Chicago and other cities, that’s work.

1 Like

Nice little project, looks good.

1 Like

Glass going up - nothing fancy

11 Likes

Nice update,
feel free to do it more often.

Thank you @007

1 Like

I was just now looking at 520 5th Avenue; then came over to this thread and notice a ‘slight’ difference in the quality of the curtain wall design. This is a good comparison on how much more substantial the facade of 520 5th is compared to this facade.

This building at 111 Willoughby looks fine; but the curtain wall/facade is about a bare-bones, and flimsy as one can get: it is called ‘Value Engineering’.

My only hope is the general public can appreciate the “value” in value engineering - 520 5th is HIGH VALUE. :star_struck:

https://www.instagram.com/p/C2xeDHas3lg/?img_index=2

6 Likes

13 Likes