NEW YORK | 111 West 57th St | 1,428 FT | 91 FLOORS

US Cranes just told me they’ve started jumping the crane! Today they’re putting in tie beams and tomorrow they do the final jump adding 3 more mast sections. The construction has been halted because they’ve been waiting for approvals to jump the crane, just like I said weeks ago!

13 Likes

it’s about time!

2 Likes

17 Likes

Haven’t been paying attention, but has the cladding continued to climb while steel construction is paused?

1 Like

Steel is currently paused, but I believe they could finish it this week or next because the crane is about to be jumped

5 Likes

This building reflects the sun like no other. Sometimes looks like a rendering. The moire design was such a good choice.

24 Likes

marvelous!

2 Likes

8 Likes

16 Likes
12 Likes

This shot taken yesterday: the crane not in operation. The site seems to be somewhat dormant: maybe the interior spaces are now the where all the activity is now happening.

7 Likes

I can’t get past the paywall to read these articles: would like to know the current legal/financial status, construction budget/timeline, projected completion dates. Any news you (or anyone) can offer would be appreciated.

I’m no insider, I’m just a teenager who finds sources scattering the internet. I have asked US Cranes about the situation again, waiting for a response

2 Likes

Got it: just a request to the WWW - world wide web. Not you particularly - but thanks for all your great information.

1 Like

10 Likes

I’m currently looking at the Midtown skyline and thinking to myself how if we had a few 2000+ footers paired up with the current giants I could die happy.

7 Likes
17 Likes

Credit: FC

13 Likes
8 Likes

From Field Condition website: best view of current conditions I could find.

I see this has been done on this thread, missed that - sorry. It is so good we can show it twice… I don’t claim to know how long these things are ‘supposed’ to take to complete - but this final stage seems to be moving at a slower pace. I am wondering what the projected ‘occupancy date’ is on this project.

8 Likes