NEW YORK | 11 Hoyt Street | 620 FT | 52 FLOORS

2020 is going to be an exciting time in Brooklyn. KD and Kyrie, 9 Dekalb going up. Downtown Brooklyn will be getting a lot of attention.

7 Likes

I like it, it adds some much needed bulk to the skyline.

2 Likes

This is a nice building, I just feel like the location does not work well for the design. They started building the retail podium a couple weeks ago.

1 Like

once the fulton corridor gets filled in that might balance it out a little more

2 Likes

tried to get a pic of the facade in the light yesterday

9 Likes

Something bothers me about this tower, I can’t figure it out.
Imgur
Tec

5 Likes

Could it be the buildings boxy structure? I do like what they did with the facade, but they should’ve done some type of striking crown

4 Likes

There’s tall windows? Being filled in the top. I’ll try to snap a pic tomorrow. Idk if they are lighting the crown.

3 Likes

Tectonic—Could it be that it is not very attractive? I am not in love with this one at all. It just seems strange to that this sort of facade shows up on a big box.

3 Likes

It’s very boxy. While the facade is nice, there aren’t any angles and the top is flat.

3 Likes

kind of like a crumpled tissue. The building itself is a piece of NYC trash.

1 Like

In any US city this would be celebrated! Meanwhile, Denver’s skyline hasn’t changed in 30 years. I can’t even keep track of the development in NYC. You guys might be a little spoiled.

7 Likes

Dennis. Maybe we are spoiled. But commenting on building designs may cause architects to think more about how and what they design.

3 Likes

I like it, especially compared to most new towers in BK.

3 Likes

I like - really like - the look of this building; I know that is not exactly sophisticated architectural terminoligy - but it makes my point. That ‘at a distance’ look is OK, but up close at curbside the soft folds of solid stone, the light color the artful rhythm on the placement of each curved facade panel. I like this - really like this building.

5 Likes

This particular photo is a perfect visual reference on the beauty of that building facade: the protruding facade sections look like gentle ripples on the surface of the water. Thats what it reminds me of; it is a very soothing and attractive motif. Then again: maybe I am just tripping a bit much on the comparison… LOL

3 Likes

I’m largely indifferent to this building, which is more than I can say for most of the towers that have gone up in downtown Brooklyn over the past decade! In fact, anything that gets built without PTACs, exposed mechanical bulkheads, blank walls, and cheap glass I count as a victory. So in the end this gets a thumbs up from me.

6 Likes

I really like the look as well, but as someone else mentioned here or somewhere else, I wonder how the facade will age. You already see it getting a bit dirty so maintenance will be key. Certainly changes the feel of the surrounding area and it’s a statement to what’s to come. I really like this, One Clinton, and 211 Schermerhorn

2 Likes

Yeah it’s done. Thomas I think that’s it and the location.? Nice facade wrong location.

2 Likes

Yes. In NYC it always seems like the architect wanted to do more but was limited…by cost.

1 Like