NEW YORK | 80-100 Flatbush Avenue (Alloy Block) | 482 FT + 840 FT | 40 + 74 FLOORS

Permits Filed For 40-Story Tower At 100 Flatbush Avenue In Boerum Hill, Brooklyn

Permits have been filed for a 40-story mixed-use building at 100 Flatbush Avenue in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. Located between Schermerhorn Street and State Street, the lot is two blocks from the Atlantic Terminal-Barclay Center subway station, serviced by the 2, 4, 5, B, D, N, Q, and R trains. Alloy Development, listed as the owner behind the applications, is developing 80 Flatbush on the adjacent plot, a complex that includes one of the tallest buildings in the borough.

The proposed 482-foot-tall development will yield 374,336 square feet, with 209,539 square feet designated for residential space, 111,000 square feet for commercial space, and 102,451 for community facility space. The building will have 262 residences, most likely rentals based on the average unit scope of 799 square feet.

Alloy Development is also responsible for the design.

==========

NYY

5 Likes

This should probably be put in the 80 Flatbush thread?

2 Likes

5 Likes

It seems to me that every project this RE co has ever done is exceptional in both architectural design and the quality of construction. I don’t know any more than what I have seen recently online, and viewing one project while working recently in downtown Brooklyn: but I see something quite superb about this company.

I think perhaps one reason for their better-than-average results is because they are an integrated Architectural Design & Real Estate Development firm. I think the work they are doing here at 80 and 100 Flatbush Avenue is going to be fun, and fascinating to follow.

2 Likes

it almost looks like the facade is an homage to the artwork on the demolished buildings.

1 Like

True, lets keep our eyes on this project. Here is a cute photo to express a sense of excitement and anticipation for what may come… :kissing_closed_eyes: :blush:

3 Likes

Foundation work well underway

2 Likes

Pic by Michael Young

7 Likes
2 Likes

The 38 story building would be built first, with the 74 story tower projected for completion by 2025.

13 Likes

the age of Ramses continues. 74 floors? Has to be a supertall right, even if that is marketing floor heights

edit- just read the article, appears it will be 920, which will be huge for Brooklyn, and help fill the skyline with Dime tower. What I like about the development the most is it seems to designed to enhance the community. Projects like this increase the value of others in the area and will spur more development.

add the heights to the title, 920 feet and 480 feet

5 Likes

Awesome… Great base as well

10 Likes

Wow. I like the design of the tower. It’s a bit on the cold and sterile side, but it’s just interesting and unique enough. The glassy amenity floors (I’m assuming that’s what they are) really break it up, in a good way. Nice.

2 Likes

John Boehner!

13 Likes

I’ve long wondered how long the Flatbush side of that block would last.

1 Like

While most of us are excited about the development of downtown Brooklyn and the Flatbush/ Schermerhorn corridor, this project is not contextual. It’s one thing for the developer to flat out push for a change in zoning that can be debated at the city council level, but it’s another for developers to try to cloak over-reach in “historic preservation.” The preservation of the two historic shells on 3rd Ave is not in the spirit of preservation. The developers should preserve the historic street wall on 3rd avenue in its entirety and develop the rest of the site. The massive commercial development should be on Schermerhorn and Flatbush (not what are essentially residential streets). State and 3rd Avenue cannot handle loading docks and commercial access for 40 and 75 story buildings, respectively. I think we need to keep these important urban planning principles in mind before we cheer development for the sake of development. This proposal can be significantly improved for the benefit of everyone.

There appear to be some financing issues with this project and hence the breaking it up into two different phases.

2 Likes

I walked by this area a couple days ago.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Tectonic

8 Likes

TECTONIC

12 Likes