NEW YORK | 1 & 2 Manhattan West | 995 + 935 FT | 67 + 56 FLOORS

2 Likes

Qatar invests in Brookfield’s $8.6 billion far West Side complex
The sovereign wealth fund bought a 44% stake in the project called Manhattan West

Brookfield Property Partners LP and Qatar Investment Authority said they’ve formed a joint venture on a $8.6 billion mixed-use project under construction on Manhattan’s far West Side.

Manhattan West plans call for five buildings, including a 62-story, 844-unit residential tower that’s already under construction and a 67-story office skyscraper that will be anchored by the law firm Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and is scheduled for completion in 2019. Qatar Investment Authority will acquire a 44% stake in the development, the companies said in a statement Wednesday.

The sovereign wealth fund teamed with Brookfield earlier this year on deals to acquire London’s Canary Wharf Group and builder Songbird Estates Plc.

“Brookfield has enjoyed a long-standing, successful relationship with QIA and we are thrilled that they share our vision for this transformative project,” said Bruce Flatt, chief executive officer of parent Brookfield Asset Management Inc., said in the statement.

Brookfield said in April it would start building its 1 Manhattan West office tower after signing a lease with Skadden, Arps for about a quarter of the skyscraper. The agreement jump started office construction at the Manhattan West project, part of an effort to draw the midtown business district west toward the Hudson River.

1 Like

Nice!

I’m really starting to dig 35 HY!

Hopefully they don’t go with the 2 tower setup for 50 Hudson Yards.

Via DOB

1 Like

Pics by me

1 Like

I’m still surprised that Skadden will anchor this. 9th Ave is not nice, and it’s a long walk from
The HY.

Today

Yesterday

1 Like

1 Like

Jan 6, 2016

1 Like

Big rendering (4702 × 2634)

http://www.manhattanwestnyc.com/_Global/45/img/media_gallery/89587/MHL-2595-006-131105_a3t20i1-3.jpg

4 Likes

Massive pair of skyscrapers and density! :smiley:

2 Likes

SOM reveals new images of Manhattan West skyscrapers spanning rail yards in New York City

:slight_smile:

========================
[url]http://www.dezeen.com/2016/01/22/som-skidmore-owings-merrill-manhattan-west-skyscrapers-new-york-city-glass-towers/[/url]

4 Likes

I find it interesting that they show 2 Manhattan West to be taller than it’s twin.

1 Like

These towers are ok.

I was thinking this! It gr me excited at first as it resembles the slightly earlier plans, but then I looked at the height comparison with 30HY and it looks like only the tallest tower may break the 300m/1000ft mark, this also appears to be the case when compared with 3 Manhattan West.

However I still like how the tallest of the 2 is further north like the 10 and 30HY, creating a stepping up motion to the skyscrapers of Midtown.

I also think the designs are simply gorgeous, those renders do it justice, as long as the glass is top notch and the panels curve just like in the renders, then these will be simple beauties placed in the backdrop of the area.

The second render showing the base is also very clean and sleak, love it.

I can imagine when standing on the ESB in 5 years time, these bulged belly towers will reflect the building back at you :smile:

These are the most boring of any of the tall buildings going up in NYC but at least they’ll improve a block that was formerly lacking any life/urban form whatsoever.

I hope that tenants commit to the following before this:

2 WTC
50 HY
Tishman’s Spire
3 Hydson Blvd
335 Madison

2 WTC needs a tenant more than anyone else at this point…

1 Like

It will get one. I hope that Chase or Black Rock anchor it.

1 Like