NEW ROCHELLE | The Enclave | FT | 2 x 28 FLOORS

Rendering

Existing Conditions. Occupied by two parking lots.

SOUTH TOWER:

• 14-story, Mixed-use
  • 116 Residential Units (10% Affordable)
  • 5,092 Sq. Ft. Commercial Space

NORTH TOWER:

• 14-story, Mixed-use
  • 169 Residential Units (10% Affordable)
  • 11,067 Sq Ft Commercial Space

On February 27, 2019, Cuddy & Feder Land Use Attorneys Anthony B. Gioffre III and Kristen Motel secured Site Plan Approval from the New Rochelle Planning Board for construction of two 14-story mixed use buildings in the City’s Downtown Overlay Zone. The buildings will contain a total of 285 rental apartments and will be connected by a private pedestrian skybridge spanning Centre Avenue. The redevelopment also includes the remediation of a New York Department of Environmental Conservation Brownfield Cleanup site, where a fully attended valet six-story parking structure will be constructed to accommodate parking for the residential units and retail spaces, as well as providing additional municipal parking.

Designed by S9 Architecture

4 Likes

The New Rochelle Industrial Development Agency (IDA) has endorsed $14 million in proposed tax relief for a $90.5 million apartment complex at Huguenot Street and Centre Avenue.

Huguenot Partners has budgeted $11.4 million for land. That includes more than $6.7 million for city parcels at 327 and 339 Huguenot St., $1.75 million for 33 Centre Street, and $1 million to clean up the Centre property. It will pay $851,340 to the Community Benefit Fund, for the right to build 14-story buildings instead of 12-stories.

The firm is asking for a $600,000 mortgage tax exemption and more than $2 million sales tax exemption during construction. A proposed 20-year property tax abatement would save the developer nearly $11.5 million.

3 Likes
2 Likes

NEW ROCHELLE | 327 & 339 Huguenot Street | 28 FLOORS (Phase I) + 28 FLOORS (Phase 2)

Great news, this project is getting a big upgrade. Out is the plan for the dual 14-story towers and in is the new plan for a Phase 1 28-story tower with a potential Phase 2.

Phase 1 includes a 28-story mixed-use tower located at 339 Huguenot Street and includes additional lots on Centre Avenue.

• Approximately $100M new project
  • 285 units
  • 1,000 sq-ft of retail space
  • Includes amenities such as an indoor pool, fitness center, lounge area, and so on
  • Creates approximately 15 full-time jobs, 2 part-time jobs, and around 300 construction jobs

Phase 2 is an option on the table but only if the city council approves adding more units for the zoning. Currently, there are only enough units in DO-2 to contain this single tower. It seems they are definitely interested in having a second 28-story tower on the opposite lot, which would completely transform this area and be a great addition to the city. The applicant also expressed interest in having a bridge between the two towers at some point, once they get that far.

They hope to be approved for Phase 1 at next month’s Planning Board meeting, and hopefully we get some stunning renderings as well!

7 Likes

there seems to be a pattern of DO-2 projects being doubled in height. I’m not complaining :slight_smile:

6 Likes

So 327 Huguenot will almost be an exact replica as a phase two tower. Not much new to see here.

4 Likes

pretty boring at first impression, but a good skyline needs some unassuming filler.

3 Likes

Looking good. A lot of activity for this proxy city. I’m hoping White Plains sees more infill as well.

4 Likes

I think the problem is WP is the slow process of getting approval. Projects in NR have about an average of 60-90 days when it comes to the approval time. It attracted a lot of developers. But even so, WP has a lot of stuff approved and not much seems to be happening.

3 Likes

digging

4 Likes

4 Likes

8 Likes

new highrise #5 since 2015 for New Ro. Let’s go!

9 Likes

5 Likes

http://www.cappelli-inc.com/portfolio/the-centre-at-huguenot/

update from 101010NR

4 Likes

4 Likes

Earlier today

7 Likes

they’ve been at one floor above the garage for awhile now.

1 Like

Of all the suburban cities in the NY metro with skylines (Stamford, CT; North Brunswick, NJ; White Plains; and N.R.), I think that NR has (or will soon have) the most skyscrapers.

2 Likes

I don’t know about North Brunswick - isn’t it all low-rise single-family houses?