JERSEY CITY l 460 Grand St | FT l 10 FLOORS

This is under construction

From last week.

6 Likes

Today

5 Likes

This has been an empty lot for so many many years it’s incredible to see something rise here. This whole area should be active soon. The factories a block away have all been demolished for another development.

5 Likes

And as a Jersey City Contractor its comforting to know that this project and its developers have kept their word by hiring companies and people from the very community that they are building in. Salute to Euclid Construction. The Mayor should use this as an example of how all projects in the city are handled.

5 Likes

Taken yesterday. Can’t wait to see the facade on this!

5 Likes

6 Likes

7 Likes

Today

5 Likes

Today

2 Likes

Earlier today. Brick facade going in

3 Likes

Construction seems to be moving along after a long delay

5 Likes

Hopefully this part of downtown picks up in terms of development. Its pretty close to Bergen-Lafayette neighborhood. It would be nice to see the two areas more connected.

This part of downtown is where the proposed Bates Street Redevelopment is located

https://forum.newyorkyimby.com/t/jersey-city-bates-street-redevelopment-plan-4-x-50-floors/4935

The only issue I see with this part of town is it is a bit of a walk to any public transit - the HBLR Jersey Ave stop is probably 10 minutes away. Not too far, but looks-wise seems further

1 Like

It’s also a flood zone.

I hope the Bates Street plan happens because it would bring much needed affordable housing, but the Van Vorst Park people are strongly against it and they are rich and well-connected.

1 Like

They cut back on this project due to a lot of objections. I don’t know of any current status of the project.Jersey City’s Bates Street development will no longer include 50-story tower under new plan - nj.com

Looks like it - that article says 4 30 story towers now. Still very significant and larger than the current one under construction.

Speaking of that one…slow going. These are over a week apart. Spot the difference

4 Likes

8 Likes

There’s actually been a decent amount of progress here, but not on the side facing me.

From a few weeks ago

Much more progress on this side

5 Likes

Not too much progress on the front facade

6 Likes

Slowww…from three weeks ago

7 Likes