JERSEY CITY | Journal Square Urby (532 Summit Ave) | 291 FT | 25 FLOORS

Wow, thanks for the update! I’ll be in the area this weekend, I’ll try and get photos.

It might just be site prep. I don’t see any open or ongoing permits on the portal. If this starts soon, that now makes 4 towers on Summit Ave in the next few years being built!

1 Like

I just went by. The guys who were working said it wasn’t structural work yet, but that it was site prep work for the new building (installing a manhole cover where the sewer is going to go).

4 Likes

Yep. Drove by the site earlier. Until I see permit applications, I’m not going to get my hopes up yet.

4 Likes

This parking lot has been closed for 3 weeks now. Looks like it might actually be gearing up to start in the coming months, but as @the726 , no construction permit applications yet.

7 Likes

If that does indeed start in the coming months that will be what, 4 or 5 high rises in the area actively under construction? Journal Square is going to look radically different in about two or three years, and there are still a bunch of towers that have yet to start.

3 Likes

Yes, just in that one shot, there would be 5 construction sites!

12 Likes

it’s happening.

8 Likes

utility work today

8 Likes

Some digging going on today.

10 Likes

Some big earth-moving equipment was just delivered to the site.

9 Likes

10 Likes

got its footing/foundation construction permit today.

6 Likes

Foundation work! Full construction site earlier

8 Likes

Look what I spotted :eyes: currently at the building department
@apophenic

8 Likes
5 Likes

From the Jersey Journal (on the left side of pic)

9 Likes

should rise above ground level soon

7 Likes

Almost done with the cellar/foundation. taken a bit longer than I assumed.

6 Likes

Looks ready to start shooting upwards (finally)

11 Likes

You can see the crane from Staten Island now