JERSEY CITY | 28 Cottage Street | 223 FT | 20 FLOORS

This one is part of the Homestead Place extension project, which will see 7 towers between 18 and 27 floors rise just north of the Journal Sq station.

Hat tip to @JC_Heights, who noticed a pile driver on site yesterday (click on the link for pics):

City approved building permits for this building on March 20, though the contractor has yet to pick them up (for obvious reasons):
https://www.sdlportal.com/towns/nj/hudson/jerseycity/building/permits/156811

Still, piles are in the ground ( see the posts below), so this one is U/C…for now.

Possibly the last skyscraper to start in the NYC region during this 10-year-long construction boom (all non-essential construction is now banned in NY State as of Monday)

2 Likes

Here is a rendering of the building:

Will have 166 units.

7 Likes

Some pics i took today. First piles are in the ground:

10 Likes

I walked by today and construction is continuing apace! I’m excited to see this one rise.

3 Likes

From a couple weeks ago

4 Likes

Just as we finally see progress in this area… I assume that the giant white apartment building across from this is where another tower will go?

3 Likes

As far as planned towers in the vicinity, the same developer plans to put a 27-story with apartments, a day care, and a synagogue on the site of the synagogue across the street:

But the next tower by this developer would probably be a 27-story tower on the empty lot on the north side of Van Reipen Ave:

10 Likes

Nice! They all look very promising and really ignite the area around it. The scale between the high rise and the small houses next door is kinda crazy haha. Where’d you find these?

3 Likes

From C3D Architecture’s website

2 Likes

why can’t exposed a/c vents just die already?

3 Likes

Work continues for now.Temporarily exempt due to structural/safety reasons. Pile driving continues. You can see some of the piles that have already been driven, along the right edge of the pic. The piles are the hollow pipes sticking out, along the perimeter of the site (sorry the pics arent great). The four smaller projects on the same block are not currently on the exemption list.

5 Likes
7 Likes

Anyone know if they’ve gone back to work on this since the restrictions were lifted?

1 Like

Yes, they have. Still doing foundation work.

2 Likes

This was from 3 weeks ago (before construction restarted)

6 Likes

Today

7 Likes

28 Cottage Street was issued its permit today.

https://www.sdlportal.com/towns/nj/hudson/jerseycity/building/permits/156811

7 Likes

Rebar

6 Likes

Going up

8 Likes

Yesterday. This will probably rise pretty quick.

9 Likes