JERSEY CITY | 110 Town Square Pl | 436 FT | 40 FLOORS

Don’t have many details yet, but it would be right smack on top of the Newport PATH stop, on land currently exempted by the Port Authority. LeFrak is the developer.

The 40-story building will contain 423 residential units; approx 3,450 square feet of retail space; 45,000 square feet of commercial/business space. No parking, which makes a lot of sense since it’s right on top of PATH, the vast majority of existing residents in this neighborhood don’t own cars (over 67%–only 33% own cars), and there’s space in existing garages including one adjacent to the site on its eastern side.

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 3.37.27 PM

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 3.44.56 PM

7 Likes

KPF is designing.

LeFrak’s plans for the address call for a new 40-story mixed-use residential and commercial complex that would rise above the existing Newport PATH station.

Set to rise 420 feet at the tallest point, the building would sport 423 residential units that skew smaller. The application calls for 71 studios, 211 one bedrooms, and 141 two-bedroom units throughout the building, which would not include any affordable housing component.

LeFrak’s proposed development would also feature approximately 3,450 square feet of retail space on the lower floors and about 45,000 square feet of commercial space. The architecture firm working on the project is listed as Kohn Pederson Fox Associates

6 Likes

https://data.jerseycitynj.gov/api/datasets/1.0/p23-079-or-110-town-square-place/attachments/110_town_sq_place_architectural_drawings_pdf/

12 Likes

Wow, that looks beautiful. Everything around it was built in the 90s and early 2000s so this is a welcome addition! I wish they at least spruced up the station but that’s not their jurisdiction lol. Also, I will be sad to see the trees and green space in front of the station disappear but the added density is great.

3 Likes

Unfortunately this was withdrawn. I don’t know why, but it will come back in the future with changes.

Given it’s over PATH property there may be some behind-the-scenes discussion with them that fell through or hit complications. They aren’t known to be quick or transparent to deal with.

3 Likes